Forum > Washer Repair

Neptune Bearing Repair - Pic Tutorial

(1/2) > >>

crystal368:
Just completed my neptune bearing repair. The job was made easier by info found here & other forums. Thought I'd give back by posting a picture tutorial of my experience & maybe someone facing the same repair will find this helpful. There are 13 pics with comments, maytag manual, maytag technical bulletin & 1 text file. Highlights include home made, cheap bearing seating tool, close-up pics & severely corroded aluminum housing that was salvaged using JB Weld.

The maytag manual & tech bulletin were found elsewhere on the web but I can't remember where to give credit-not my work for sure.

The repair was actually quite easy & soooo nice having a non-leaking, whisper quiet machine again!!

Uh ohh, can't post my tutorial - too big - zip file is 18,000 kb. If anyone or a mod would like it send me a pm or email. Also have it in rar format.

Here's two pics of my homemade bearing tool.

crystal368

Model MAH3000AWW

AJ:
Hi crystal368,

Glad to hear you were able to get your neptune repaired.

--- Quote ---Uh ohh, can't post my tutorial - too big - zip file is 18,000 kb. If anyone or a mod would like it send me a pm or email. Also have it in rar format.

--- End quote ---

Please email it to me and I will get it posted here for you, thanks!  O0

crystal368:
AJ,

ty, sent ya 2 emails cause the attachments were so big.

crystal368

crystal368:
just a few more pics for those attempting the repair.................

AJ:

--- Quote from: crystal368 on November 07, 2009, 05:20:36 PM ---AJ,

ty, sent ya 2 emails cause the attachments were so big.

crystal368

--- End quote ---

Got them, thanks...

I just sent you a email asking you a few question about the files you sent.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version