Author Topic: Front load washers a CEO's best freind  (Read 1546 times)

Offline ebinc

• VIP Member
Front load washers a CEO's best freind
« on: November 02, 2009, 05:25:58 PM »
Does anyone know how front loaders even made its way onto showroom floors in the first
place, at there core they are based on a design flow from the get go, and there funky
smelling odors is just the begining of my point. I know the new washer models just
coming out, now burn electric for hours after the wash to help keep that funky smell to a
minimum but does that not tell you somethig?

Is gravity not the only way to truely control water or am I missing something? how do
they spin dry the garments correctly, or does candy apple red and other pretty colors
somehow make up for this?

I could see some far fetched instance in which a front loader coud be used, maybe a
space issue or something like that but even then you would be sacrificing the cleaning of
your stuff as well as your utility bill for an expensive gimmick.

I know this kind of washer design is a appliance repair guys dream, come true, but as a
consumer you have to ask your self, I know I am extremely curious how something like
this could even make its way into the mainstream no matter what the marketing cost
put up behind it.

Am I alone on this one?, or is this front loader washer design crazy? and a gimmick
targeted towards a certain group of people out there to charge outrageous prices?

Please if you own one of these pretty colored front loading washing machines, let me
know how your washer does a better job then my bottom of the line top loader, and also
while you or at it, please justify why its worth at minimum 3 times as much,

I'll save you the time, you helped a CEO CFO AND individual Board members make billions
in compensation, something like Christamas day only it never ends for thses people. so
next time you feel like throwing up from the smell, get that insame repair bill or pay that
electric bill, for all that circulation to help keep that smell down. you should feel good
about yourself you helped  buy some really nice mansions just not for yourself. but your
front loading washer does look real pretty standing there.

Stop being fools and demand quality and proper warrantees start writeing these weath
sucking appliance corporation CEO,s and demand it or its never going to change, just
keep getting worst you can bet on that one.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: Front load washers a CEO's best freind
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 06:45:19 PM »
We oughta get 60 minutes to do an expose' on these idiotic designs :D
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline Repair-man

• Technician
  • The Virtual Repairman
    • The Virtual Repairmans Appliance Help
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 07:23:48 PM »
The CEO's apparently are not complaining :)

Neither are us technicians who have to keep the things running. It's all in how you look at job security.

I know you want to blow off steam at the present condition of appliances, but in reality, the quality went down when parts and manufacturing moved out of America. None of us are pleased with buying a thousand dollar machine and having trouble with it in a few years. I currently own a Maytag Neptune MAH5500 since 2003 and it has not missed a lick yet (fingers crossed). Of course, I  follow some of the guidelines for frontloaders, such as always using H.E. soap, always using hot or warm wash, never cold. Certain techniques like this keepo these units odor and mildew free for years.

Regarding frontloards in general, they have been around for 75 years in various forms. They just  kind of died out in the 70s and 80s but made a comeback due to their new efficient design. My Neptune for example uses 4 gallons of water to wash, instead of 17 for a toploader. Thats 5000 gallons of water saved per year, and when you are on a well and septic, everything matters.
"It's only expensive if someone else fixes it for you" -
The Virtual Repairman   www.repair2000.com

Offline pjackson89

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 11:07:11 PM »
We have had a Sears HE3t front loader for 6 years with none of the reported problems. Before that we had two top loaders that were Maytag. Before that they were Kenmore.

The first thing we noticed with the front loader was that the clothes are for want of a better word softer than they ever were with a top load washer. Things we had always washed by hand because the mechanical action of the agitator often stretched the article out of shape, we wash in the front loader. The results are as good as and sometimes better than hand washing.

We do not add water conditioners or other additives to the wash except bleach occasionally.

Our guests who use the washer are also wowed by how much better the clothes feel. The water is probably not a factor as a friend and neighbor who stayed with us between moves was one of the most wowed by how much better and cleaner the clothes felt.

A tenant who had never used a top loader asked us if we would consider replacing it with a front loader because she felt it used a lot more water than a top loader and the clothes did not come out as nice.

I cannot comment on differences in the use of water and electricity between the two types.

Regards, Phil

Water Collecting in Boot on Select Frigidaire Front-Load Washers

Started by AJ

Replies: 1
Views: 4684
Last post August 05, 2013, 08:42:08 PM
by Cananot
LG recommended maintenance for front load washers

Started by maypo52

Replies: 5
Views: 20346
Last post June 03, 2014, 05:52:55 PM
by domain
Frigidaire Front Load Washer - Tumble Action Washers with AC Drive Motor Service

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 2849
Last post January 10, 2009, 09:55:36 AM
by AJ
front load washers

Started by diyguy

Replies: 25
Views: 6458
Last post February 01, 2009, 09:16:32 PM
by JWWebster
Affresh Washer Cleaner for Front Load Washers (he)

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 1131
Last post October 29, 2009, 03:36:42 PM
by AJ
Front load washers smelling

Started by demo

Replies: 7
Views: 2358
Last post January 28, 2010, 09:07:28 PM
by schaffersapplian