Author Topic: Kenmore /GE dishwasher leaking at pump  (Read 3547 times)

Offline toddmac

• VIP Member
Kenmore /GE dishwasher leaking at pump
« on: October 27, 2009, 11:32:41 PM »
Hi my mothers dishwasher is leaking at pump housing area where the vertical spring mechanism is - that is triggered by the drain function.  So sorry newb here, never worked on dishwashers, so butchering descriptions.  How to I find a service manual or parts diagram.

Any ideas on part that may be triggering leak.  Any help, links, advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Model 363.14371790

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: Kenmore /GE dishwasher leaking at pump
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 11:57:24 PM »
WD19X10032 pump kit is what you need if the pump seal has failed. Let me splain how to install this here kit. With the whole dang thang sittin atop a work bench. (Yes the motor and pump drop out nicely to do this operation) Start by removing the nut grader, Thats the thang that grades yer nutz. A spring like thing that mounts over the screen. next you remove the screen and it is ass backwards threads. Use a flat blade knife to get the screen off. The next thing is the impeller and it comes off lefty loosey. Then several spacers and finally remove the 3 phillips screws holding the housing to the motor. The seal will be absolutely welded to the motor shaft so all you can do is remove it best you can. Go back with the new parts in the reverse order. Be careful not to over tighten the seal and impeller,make sure the motor turns free at all times while reassembling the thang. If you tighten down the screen it will bind everything too. Do not attempt to run the motor pump assembly dry. It will ruin the new innards you just installed. Click dat pic to make it bigga and Item 429 is the kit
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 12:07:32 AM by JWWebster »
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline toddmac

• VIP Member
Re: Kenmore /GE dishwasher leaking at pump
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 08:43:06 AM »
WD19X10032 pump kit is what you need if the pump seal has failed. Let me splain how to install this here kit. With the whole dang thang sittin atop a work bench. (Yes the motor and pump drop out nicely to do this operation) Start by removing the nut grader, Thats the thang that grades yer nutz. A spring like thing that mounts over the screen. next you remove the screen and it is ass backwards threads. Use a flat blade knife to get the screen off. The next thing is the impeller and it comes off lefty loosey. Then several spacers and finally remove the 3 phillips screws holding the housing to the motor. The seal will be absolutely welded to the motor shaft so all you can do is remove it best you can. Go back with the new parts in the reverse order. Be careful not to over tighten the seal and impeller,make sure the motor turns free at all times while reassembling the thang. If you tighten down the screen it will bind everything too. Do not attempt to run the motor pump assembly dry. It will ruin the new innards you just installed. Click dat pic to make it bigga and Item 429 is the kit

Thanks JWWebster for the quick reply.  Diagram is very helpful.  I am going to give it another look to see if it's leaking in those areas you highlighted.  I'm also going to take a picture and post if I need more clarification.  Great forums.  later

Kenmore Dishwasher motor & pump removal

Started by honer

Replies: 2
Views: 2905
Last post March 15, 2009, 09:04:47 AM
by Kayakcrzy
Whirlpool/Kenmore dishwasher doesn't pump

Started by dougsfastz

Replies: 9
Views: 4713
Last post December 06, 2010, 11:27:33 AM
by AJ
Kenmore dishwasher leaking

Started by sparky823

Replies: 1
Views: 968
Last post February 22, 2012, 03:49:32 PM
by bigbuck
Video: Whirlpool Dishwasher Door Leak - How to replace pump seal.

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 6183
Last post September 13, 2007, 06:45:17 PM
by AJ
Kenmore Dishwasher - Doesn't always drain.

Started by yeltu1188

Replies: 1
Views: 3418
Last post September 15, 2007, 10:36:53 AM
by Pegi
Kenmore Elite Dishwasher

Started by sparky823

Replies: 8
Views: 4027
Last post October 11, 2007, 09:16:14 AM
by Pegi