Author Topic: No tempature up, Oven  (Read 1750 times)

Offline ebinc

• VIP Member
No tempature up, Oven
« on: October 19, 2009, 07:39:08 PM »
The temperature up button on bake does not work,
temp down and all the other buttons seem to work

the Up button seems to have a normal click like feeling
no one ever pushes those panel buttons hard or anything

and yes I gave it a good push many times myself to test

any advice its only around 1 1/2 yrs old

White MGR4452BDW gas range

Offline fixyourboard

• Technician
    • Repair control boards for home appliances
Re: No tempature up, Oven
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 09:01:32 PM »
If my memory serves me, this model of controller has individual pushbuttons behind the keypad panel which are part of the oven control board. Probably the button has collapsed in which case your choices are to replace the control board or have it repaired. We have these buttons in stock, so can repair it for you if you like. You would need to have the control board removed and send it to us (shipping info at http://www.fixyourboard.com/how_to_ship.html). We'd be happy to look at it for you.

First you should check ... maybe it's covered by warranty?

Best Regards,
Bruce
www.fixyourboard.com - We repair electronic control boards.

Offline ebinc

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 10:39:02 PM »
If my memory serves me, this model of controller has individual pushbuttons behind the keypad panel which are part of the oven control board. Probably the button has collapsed in which case your choices are to replace the control board or have it repaired. We have these buttons in stock, so can repair it for you if you like. You would need to have the control board removed and send it to us (shipping info at http://www.fixyourboard.com/how_to_ship.html). We'd be happy to look at it for you.

First you should check ... maybe it's covered by warranty?

Best Regards,
Bruce

Thanks, we looked up the purchase date its around 3 yrs its crap 2 out of four burners
need igniters as well, I don't think the super burner ever ignited right from day one, we
will live with it until we get another one again in a couple of weeks, can you let me
know what brands are differently not made by whirlpool? I was just reading the paperwork
along with the delivery date on our maytag oven one of the features said built to last,
what a bunch of BS.

the control board/touch pad whatever must be so expensive places do not even want to show the amount online.

Offline RAH52

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 07:04:57 PM »
That's what you get when parts are sourced from Mexico or other offshore places . This stuff is not designed to last ,I don't care what brand you purchase . Stuff may be assembled in America but not made in America . I live in Canada and we don't make any appliances here anymore also . What a shame ,we used to make some top quality stuff.

Offline ebinc

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 08:00:02 PM »
That's what you get when parts are sourced from Mexico or other offshore places . This stuff is not designed to last ,I don't care what brand you purchase . Stuff may be assembled in America but not made in America . I live in Canada and we don't make any appliances here anymore also . What a shame ,we used to make some top quality stuff.

They do that to make even more money, CEO and top brass making millions individually
a year and that's not even taking into consideration perks. but offshore I think is not the
main reason part's don't last

I built two computers around ten years ago with Asus tusl now using xp, and cusl
mother boards, sound cards everything still working fine, I am sure that's all off shore as
well, this stuff especially boards are designed to go bad on purpose simply to generate more money cash, most people or not getting really expensive repairs done they are
buying another like we did think about this I spent around 750.00 on ovens in less then 3
yrs, who's really the dumb fool them or us? I could have if I really wanted to switch that
board but the cost the burners, but it was cheaper to just buy another appliance. and
you techs especially should be really concerned why so expensive replacement boards to
begin with, unless its a really custom or expensive item your labor will surpase a new one
if its a trans board etc

A mother board is a trillion times more complex then any bake clock control panel
could ever be yet the price is so nuts and outrages they do not even have the guts to
show it online you have to call. yet you can get a whole motherboard retail for 49.00 you
tell me.

I'm sure they have studies being done somewhere on how to cut you private guys
out one day, warranties period are getting shorter and shorter parts more and more expensive. most consumers just get another appliance in a few years. and you can bet
they know this.

I read somewhere the appliance manufacturers used a study they did that said consumers do not care about warranty's as a purchase point, to justify the cutting
of the time period they offer, Now if that does not tell you exactly what they are all about and what type of industry you are dealing with nothing ever will.

PS went to a wedding in Canada really liked it, a lot like here in the US, but harder to find
a liquor store and whole milk, people were great and super friendly

Offline Mr. Fix-It

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 07:19:32 AM »
Well I think you might be generalizing a bit. I started as an electronic tech and I can tell you there are big differences in computer boards as opposed to appliance boards. Computer circuitry handles low voltage applications and the components are kept in clean well ventilated boxes. The appliance boards have to handle high voltages through their relays and are subjected to temperature extremes and greasy dusty enviroments. The main failures on these appliance boards are the relays , the only moving part which computers don't have. As for the reliability of boards manufactured for the computer industry you should look at the failure rate of the XBox 360, motherboard related issues with poor manufacturing processes. I fix these consoles as well as appliances and by far have seen more of these then the PS3 by about 10 to 1 as for the Wii I have yet to see any. What does that tell you?

Offline ebinc

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009, 04:18:27 PM »
Well I think you might be generalizing a bit. I started as an electronic tech and I can tell you there are big differences in computer boards as opposed to appliance boards. Computer circuitry handles low voltage applications and the components are kept in clean well ventilated boxes. The appliance boards have to handle high voltages through their relays and are subjected to temperature extremes and greasy dusty enviroments. The main failures on these appliance boards are the relays , the only moving part which computers don't have. As for the reliability of boards manufactured for the computer industry you should look at the failure rate of the XBox 360, motherboard related issues with poor manufacturing processes. I fix these consoles as well as appliances and by far have seen more of these then the PS3 by about 10 to 1 as for the Wii I have yet to see any. What does that tell you?

Look I said my thing and thats the way I see it, did not mean the all bold text do not
know what happened very sorry about that, I may not be a appliance tech in a daily
sense but I have been working on computers for years and well vented and clean working
environment for motherboards is hog wash, a oven control board from what I see is
located above in a much better location 99% of the time, your online posting here and
anyone else reading this open your pc and then take a look in your control board area
and you tell me? dust common man!

Just take a look at where yours is right now, and do not use a laptop as an example.

Please never use Microsoft as an example for anything, I would not be surprised the few
appliance manufactures left running the show got their ideas in the first place from MS.

you mention relay, that's right that is what they are there for, these boards are not
carrying anything substantial they are nothing but a very very weak tiny motherboard
with a scary name and a big price tag part that's all, and a cash generator for bloated
executive compensations

You want to see hot working environment open up my sons gaming computer we built last
year after he has been playing for a couple of hours and it has 4 fans going none stop
that board could handle a states worth of ovens at the same time if it had to

Think I got something Wrong?
I challenge anybody to justify the replacement control board prices or even try to
compare them to a 49.00 motherboard retail, and since most of these Oven boards cost
over 200 plus, much less a 100 mother board and that' retail, and see what that does,
let me tell you a ton more operations then bake up, bake down and the time, Its a joke

Know what? I am surprised you even took a shot at trying to justify that, and please
explain where all that crazy markup profit IS going? I would like to know and I'm sure I am
not along

I read my post yesterday and sat back and realized I was spending over 750.00 with tax
on ovens in the last 3 yrs and canceled the new one today that's insane when I got a
washing machine belt Friday I know the guy pretty good over there he told me to cancel 
that was nuts, they buy used ovens and will most likely come across a board in the next
few weeks for around 50.00, so we will just have to live with 350 oven temp max for now.
at least I know I am not playing the fool anymore.

Frigidaire oven temp sensor probe?

Started by jon

Replies: 1
Views: 7158
Last post July 08, 2007, 06:06:26 PM
by AJ
Jenn-Air self cleaning oven problem

Started by ralphthedog

Replies: 6
Views: 11202
Last post December 13, 2007, 08:15:34 PM
by ralphthedog
How can I find the manual for a Jenn Aire double oven?

Started by Dukes

Replies: 2
Views: 3556
Last post December 16, 2007, 04:40:06 PM
by Dukes
Maytag Double Wall oven lights

Started by jumptrout51

Replies: 2
Views: 4401
Last post December 23, 2007, 01:26:06 PM
by kjagmin
bosch convection oven