Author Topic: A sublime mess  (Read 1862 times)

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
A sublime mess
« on: October 17, 2009, 11:29:39 AM »
Yall I woke up this morning and it was cold! So I turned the heater on and listened for the usual noises of the draft inducer motor and the clicking and such. I immediately had to shut it down because I heard the dreaded gurgling associated with water in the Dayum draft inducer. Shiite! So I spend the majority of this cold asz morning removing the draft inducer and dmping out the water. Gonna let her dry out real good before I put it all back together. How do yall suppose the water got there? Note to self. Git on roof :tickedoff:
Since I had this preciperatory disaster on my furnace is their anything I have not thought of that might explode burn up or otherwise piss me off furthur? I can fix everybodys shiit but my own :tickedoff:
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 12:00:59 PM by JWWebster »
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
Re: A sublime mess
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 02:55:23 PM »
Captain's log update.
We have heat!!!
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 06:25:55 PM »
I am gonna have ta blog this
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Online AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair Help
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 07:52:30 PM »
Captain's log update.
We have heat!!!

Glad to hear you got it repaired.
What did you do to repair it?

It gets cold down there? lol..

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 08:31:38 PM »
I removed the draft inducer and dumped the water out of it. Used a hair dryer to dry everything out. Put some new sheet metal screws  the old ones were rusted as hell. Went up on the roof and couldn't find any leaks; did the water hose on the roof thing, nothing. Found out the condensate drain on the ac was stopped up; running water right down into the dayum draft inducer motor. I cleared the drain; dryed everything out, so far so good.
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL