Author Topic: A sublime mess  (Read 2124 times)

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
A sublime mess
« on: October 17, 2009, 11:29:39 AM »
Yall I woke up this morning and it was cold! So I turned the heater on and listened for the usual noises of the draft inducer motor and the clicking and such. I immediately had to shut it down because I heard the dreaded gurgling associated with water in the Dayum draft inducer. Shiite! So I spend the majority of this cold asz morning removing the draft inducer and dmping out the water. Gonna let her dry out real good before I put it all back together. How do yall suppose the water got there? Note to self. Git on roof :tickedoff:
Since I had this preciperatory disaster on my furnace is their anything I have not thought of that might explode burn up or otherwise piss me off furthur? I can fix everybodys shiit but my own :tickedoff:
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 12:00:59 PM by JWWebster »
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
Re: A sublime mess
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 02:55:23 PM »
Captain's log update.
We have heat!!!
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 06:25:55 PM »
I am gonna have ta blog this
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 07:52:30 PM »
Captain's log update.
We have heat!!!

Glad to hear you got it repaired.
What did you do to repair it?

It gets cold down there? lol..
Hope you find our site helpful.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 08:31:38 PM »
I removed the draft inducer and dumped the water out of it. Used a hair dryer to dry everything out. Put some new sheet metal screws  the old ones were rusted as hell. Went up on the roof and couldn't find any leaks; did the water hose on the roof thing, nothing. Found out the condensate drain on the ac was stopped up; running water right down into the dayum draft inducer motor. I cleared the drain; dryed everything out, so far so good.
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL