Author Topic: boots on or boots off?  (Read 47 times)

Offline BrntToast

• VIP Member
  • Mayday Appliance Service
    • frigidaire service blog
boots on or boots off?
« on: February 14, 2008, 02:47:25 AM »
how do you all deal with shoes at the door?

up here where there is snow for over 6 months of the year i tend to look around when i enter and if it is a clean house i will take them off, if it is nasty from the start i stomp the snow off and walk in with them

if i go into a concrete basement i will walk back up and carry them down

regardless of flooring etc if i have to lift a heavy appliance i put on the steel toes( i check the soles first on hardwood)

and any house that tells me i HAVE to take them off is told " the workers compensation board says i MUST wear safety foot wear to do my job"

it is the rule, i usually dont worry about it if i know there is no safety threat, till i get the attitude

overshoes dont work up here in the frigid north, i tried the thin rubber slips on the clutch peddle of the truck and they fill with snow anyways on all the walks full of snow

as for the lil slip on booties for inside homes, they dont fit the work boots without ripping anyways, and the ones i found that did were slippery as heck on lino floors when wet
Mayday Appliance Service
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada

The only stupid question is the one not asked

Offline RegUS_PatOff

• Technician
Re: boots on or boots off?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 06:40:54 AM »
I'm just guessing, but how about using the rubber overshoes
only inside the house ?
After leaving this Earth, "Do you want the smoking or non-smoking section?"

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: boots on or boots off?
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 01:30:31 PM »
Well dude it snows here once every 4 or 5 years and then that is for only 5 minutes.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL