365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy! - AppliancePartsPros
Washer Parts | Dryer Parts | Refrigerator Parts | Dishwasher Parts | Range & Oven Parts

Author Topic: referals  (Read 31 times)

Offline BrntToast

• VIP Member
  • Mayday Appliance Service
    • frigidaire service blog
referals
« on: February 13, 2008, 09:28:39 PM »
ok, so recently i noticed a letter on our service desk to a dealer we do warranty work for, it was long and drawn out, but to get to the point it stated that the dealer had a customer come in to purchase a new washer and was told by one of our techs to stay away from certain brands, because the dealer sold these brands as well as others they were angered and wanted assurance we would no longer give customers purchase advice

the letter was signed by the other techs, oddly enough the boss has not asked me to sign it yet

now... if a customer asked me for purchase advice then they had paid me for service and my honesty, secondly if they came into that dealer with advice from us, we gave that dealer the darn referal!

now i like to give the dealers i do warranty work for the referals caue it will bring more business in the future, but if they are going to pull things like this i just wont refer them anymore

secondly if i am asked to sign that letter i'm gonna roll it up tight, pull my tube of greese out of my tool bag and hand both to the boss and say "this will make it a little more comfortable for you when you do what i am about to suggest with this piece of paper"

think i'm out of line?
Mayday Appliance Service
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada

The only stupid question is the one not asked

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
Re: referals
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 09:33:33 PM »
think i'm out of line?

I don't think your out of line at all.
Hope you find our site helpful.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: referals
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 02:03:43 PM »
I know how you feel, The other day I was walking through sears and I went by their computer display,I had to make my way through the appliance department. They have a bunch of salesmen in that department and one of them flagged me down as I was looking around at the newer models and thinking to myself all sorts of appliance nightmares that may be lerking on these newer designs. So the guy taps me on the shoulder and says isn't she a beauty. and I go not really it has rubber bungies that hold the tub and a small italian made electric pump that don't like rugs,and the tranny tend to lock up or slang a rod from time to time,not to mention that the drive pully on these sometime seperate and fall right off the clutch. I went through about 3 or 4 different appliance tales from those displayed and finally after I had several custamers within earshot I was politely asked to move on. LOL
I guess being a consultant ain't as pretty a job as it seems. My old boss was a whirlpool dealer but he kept a bunch of kelvanators hidden in the back to sell to let us just say economically minded custs(cheapskates) I made a crucial mistake in judgement one day and commented on a certain brand within earshot of the Head Salesman , My boss chewed my butt out pretty good and reminded me I was there to deliver the product and not comment on it OOPz!  LOL
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL