Author Topic: motherboard  (Read 1724 times)

Offline MikeMont

• VIP Member
motherboard
« on: October 03, 2009, 02:21:17 PM »
Hello
I have been dealing with various problems on the above fridge for quite some time. I had 4 different technicians out from Sears when it was under warranty and no satisfaction from any of them. I definitely don't want them back when I am paying for it. I would like to try and fix it myself. I am getting a significant amout of water dripping off the icemaker, enough to form a block of ice in the bin and form ice around the evaporator fan which then makes an annoying, loud noise. My question is that the mother board was replaced with #WR00X2184. Is this the right part? The icemaker is new as is the water inlet valve. I happened to open the freezer the other day and felt a lot of heat coming from the slots in the panel below the icemaker, enough to immediately cause condensation on the icemaker. I believe that is where the water is coming from. Also, where can I find diagnostic charts for this appliance.
Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

Model PSC23MGMBCC

Offline krazytech

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: motherboard
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 09:33:51 PM »
I would check your ice maker inlet..if your ice maker is over filling or if the ice inlet is split or damaged.. letting water spill around the back this could be your problem....

I would also check you despencer flapper or your door gasket ..if it is not closing correctly it will let warm air into the top of you freezer causing
Check the Basics first!!! Read the Manual !!!Buy the tech a Beer!!!

Offline krazytech

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: motherboard
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 09:36:51 PM »
shaggy ice to form at the top of the freezer... the heat you felt at the back of the freezer is the defrost heater... this is normal... unless it is on for too long... I would check the other two first...let us know what you find..
Check the Basics first!!! Read the Manual !!!Buy the tech a Beer!!!

Replacing both evaporator fan motor and motherboard on GE SXS Refrigerators

Started by rickgburton

Replies: 27
Views: 13300
Last post December 29, 2013, 01:53:35 AM
by clman
GE Profile Evap Fan Motor? Motherboard? PSF26NGWA

Started by Stang5Liter

Replies: 5
Views: 1763
Last post January 21, 2013, 01:49:21 PM
by Stang5Liter