Author Topic: GE REf  (Read 4138 times)

Offline niobrara

• Technician
Re: GE REf
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2009, 11:09:58 AM »
Wondering ,does the ref side of this unit need to be correct before the freezer will go to the right temps.This unit is basicly all samsung inside from thermistors to comp.I have to be overlooking something silly.I think I will start all over and check everything thru again.Been along time since a unit has made me think as much as this one has.And dangit I am missing something.Thank you for help. :)

Offline Repair-man

• Technician
  • The Virtual Repairman
    • The Virtual Repairmans Appliance Help
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2009, 06:13:14 PM »
One of your thermisters is bad, as Mr Fixit suggested. Since they are very inexpensive, it would behoove you to change them all, especially the ones in the freezer. Since the shotgun approach is not new to you, this might just work :)
"It's only expensive if someone else fixes it for you" -
The Virtual Repairman   www.repair2000.com

Offline niobrara

• Technician
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2009, 09:09:26 PM »
Ouch, your right and I admitted it .And I really thought I was right,I was not. OK , well I went back thru the unit for about the 4th time.Checked thermistors ,ohmed wireing,plugged unit back in and board showed freezer temp at 40,that was right before taking everything apart display showed 8 degrees and temp was really 32. I am going to change thermistors :) and the wiring harness.Ge changed the thermistors and they check good but  you are right and that was where I started.But I keep coming back to them and the wiring .I will update with what happens with it.Thanks for all the help.

Offline niobrara

• Technician
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2009, 06:17:05 PM »
OK after two weeks the unit has been running great. I had to of had a issue between the thermistors and the board.?? After installing the new board the unit still showed incorrect temps on the control panel , I remove all the thermistors and checked them in ice water and they all checked good.I was going to replace all the thermistors and the wireing harness after taking it apart for about the 6th time. Left it run for a day and unit worked correctly ,two weeks later still good.But this one had me really me shaking my head.Told the owner to pick it up. Really hope I don't see it again.

Offline jumptrout51

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2009, 02:40:40 PM »
Disconnecting and reconnecting thermisters seems to have corrected a faulty connection.
Take a Kid fishing.

Offline niobrara

• Technician
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2009, 07:55:25 PM »
Maybe , but why did the thermistors test at the board ? Gotta tell you this one really stressed me.I believe you are right but I am still convinced it was a board issue,sorry Texas.Sometimes we just run into the really interesting problems. ??? :o And some of the units out there are really interesting. :'(