Author Topic: Technician Training Courses  (Read 1390 times)

Offline MikeP

• VIP Member
Technician Training Courses
« on: September 16, 2009, 07:46:41 PM »
I have a great interest in the Trade and have done some research on how to properly get aqquainted with it.I see some Schools offer classes that are a few Months and have found Private Courses that seem good but are less than a Month.From what i see offered from 2 different Courses they seems legit!They have the same Study,from Basic Electricity to Hands on Training.But with one of the Courses at the end you take a Test for the NASTec Certification.

The Courses are 3 weeks,5 Days a week and offers Full Time Training for the length of the course.One Offers Ride alongs on Saturday to give you the feel for the Job.

Now what I'd like to know is why is some places like Votech's offering longer Study?I figure it's the same Study as the Private Courses which also include Certification.But I'd like to your Opinion on these Courses?The Courses are given by Fred's Appliance University and Appliance Repair Tech School.

I just want to do things right and make sure i'm going the Right way.

http://www.appliancerepairtechschool.com/index.htm

http://fredsappliance.com/index.php?page=the-course

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: Technician Training Courses
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 08:14:23 PM »
Hay I am a graduwate of Fred's University!
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline fredsappliance

• VIP Member
Re: Technician Training Courses
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 09:39:15 AM »
Hello,

Thank you for showing your interest in our class.

Our class is a 3 weeks course taught by an instructor that has been in the business for over 35 years.  It starts with very intense basic electricity and schematic reading.

There are no course requirements.  We have trained very green students, all the way on up to experienced students.  The next class is October 12 through October 30th 2009.  The course cost is $2,100.00.  This includes 3 weeks of instruction, housing, breakfast, lunch, a laptop for night student, flash drive with e-service manuals.  We cover repair on all major appliances with a variety of makes and models.  Our course is a very concentrated 3 week course to get you on your feet.  We expect that you will ride with a seasoned tech for 2-6 mos after our course.  Following, you should be able to tackle repair scenarios in a efficient manner.

For more information you may visit www.fredsappliance.com or www.nastec.org.

Thank you for your interest.

If you have any further questions..you may email school@fredsappliance.com or call 888-45-FREDS.

Wanted: GE factory authorized appliance repair service technician

Started by AJ

Replies: 2
Views: 5151
Last post December 19, 2007, 01:25:48 AM
by BrntToast
You Might Be An Appliance Technician...

Started by rickgburton

Replies: 25
Views: 2957
Last post April 18, 2014, 07:27:41 PM
by ddavis263