Forum > Washer Repair

Easly off balanced now.

(1/3) > >>

ShawnTRD:
History
http://appliancejunk.com/forums/index.php?topic=3719.0

OK guys.. This washer has been working great. But the other day I heard a pop, or crack. Some type of noise that sounded like something broke. I first thought it was one of the springs on the basket because it started shacking more then normal. It's not that bad, but it is loader and when I open it the basket is moving around side to side a lot. The hole washer isn't shacking as bad as the GE I had before, but worse then it's been.  The wife was just washing some jeans and asked if it was always going to be this load now. I moved one of the jeans a little and it helped. But I'm wondering what could have broke. I took the case off and all the springs at the base (4 of them) are still there.

Thanks

Model LSR7233EQ0

Repair-man:
There's more to the tub stabilization than just the springs. You may have a broken tub support or the skate plate may be missing some of the snubber pads. See the following diagram :

PARTech:
I have seen the skate plate get out of alignment and cause this problem as well.  Usually from an overload or as RP points out, one of the snubbers...

JWWebster:
The pads are fairly cheap HERE

ShawnTRD:
"skate plate may be missing some of the snubber pads"

??
I'm a little lost.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version