Author Topic: FixYourBoard.com?  (Read 7002 times)

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
FixYourBoard.com?
« on: September 07, 2009, 10:16:44 AM »
Has anyone ever heard of FixYourBoard.com?

I first seen the site myself last night after clicking on one of our new members profiles and seeing the link included in his profile information.

My first thought was, another spammer.

Then I started doing some checking around online and thought this guy looks like he maybe ok.

After all he has been registered as a member of our site for hours and has yet to spam our boards, lol..

So the next thing I did was send them a email asking a bit about there site, FixYourBoard.com.

I got a nice reply back from Bruce explaining some information about there site. I have invited Bruce to post a reply to this topic so he can let our members know about their site and the service they provide.
Hope you find our website helpful.

Offline fixyourboard

• Technician
    • Repair control boards for home appliances
Re: FixYourBoard.com?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 01:22:49 PM »
Hello AJ,

Bruce here, at fixyourboard.com.

I appreciate your interest in our website. We have been repairing control boards for techs locally in the Austin area and recently have brought our business to the internet.

What we offer to our customers is a control board repair service that lowers appliance repair costs. More importantly, we can often save the customer from having to replace an expensive oven if the control board has failed after being discontinued by the manufacturer, as an example.

We are very focused on root cause analysis and full functional testing after repair. As a result, we often help diagnose the symptoms to predetermine if the fault is likely due to a control board problem. Also, we try to flag cases where nature of the board failure may indicate additional problems (shorted wax motor in a front loader, for example).

I hope we will be able to add useful content to your forum.

Best Regards,
Bruce
www.fixyourboard.com
www.fixyourboard.com - We repair electronic control boards.

Offline Al Capone

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • ApplianceJunk.com
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 01:32:32 PM »
Hi Bruce,

Welcome to ApplianceJunk.com

That is a very interesting service you provide. It looks like it could be really helpful and we are all about being helpful around here.  O0

RepairClinic.com - Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy!

AppliancePartsPros.com - Over 1 Million Appliance Parts In-Stock. 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy!

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 02:22:42 PM »
Welcome to ApplianceJunk.com Bruce,

I like your website and the service you provide. Wish I had the knowledge to repair boards like you do.

With all the electronic boards being used in appliances you should have a very secure job there for a long time. :)

We look forward to hearing from you and our members about your services.

Thanks for taking the time to register and becoming a active member of our community.  O0
Hope you find our website helpful.

Offline jumptrout51

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 04:18:17 PM »
Welcome Bruce.
What is your turn-a-round time on a board repair.
Take a Kid fishing.

Offline fixyourboard

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 05:54:39 PM »
Thanks for the 'welcomes' folks. jt51 - we try to keep our turn time to 2 days for the majority of jobs, of course it's dependant on our loading and product mix, but 2 days is pretty typical.
Bruce

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 06:19:57 PM »
If I replace a board and I still have my old one do yall buy the old one for like a core price?
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline fixyourboard

• Technician
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 06:48:14 PM »
If I replace a board and I still have my old one do yall buy the old one for like a core price?

Great question. We work with our local repair shop affiliates to build them an inventory of refurbished boards such that they can often go on a call with a board on-board, so to speak. Sometimes this eliminates an extra truck roll, or allows the tech to plug in a known good board on site (if in doubt) without having to consume a brand new unreturnable board just to find out the problem is elsewhere.

Shoot me an email at bruce@fixyourboard.com and we can discuss how we might expand this service outside our local area. I'm reluctant to make any public statements about accepting broken boards in case an 18-wheeler-full shows up, if you know what I mean ....

Best Regards,
Bruce

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 06:40:44 PM »
Bruce How does the diagnostics tell you which part is bad? Cool video yall:
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline fixyourboard

• Technician
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2009, 11:12:24 PM »
Bruce How does the diagnostics tell you which part is bad? Cool video yall:

Hey JW,
Glad you liked our video ... we get some interesting comments on it.
To answer your question, the diagnostics are a good tool to help us isolate the problem, then, as you know with any repair there may be an underlying problem hidden by the first one. The test program helps us make sure we got everything fixed.
Cheers,
Bruce

FixYourBoard.com Review

Started by AJ

Replies: 4
Views: 5285
Last post January 23, 2010, 06:24:08 PM
by jumptrout51