Author Topic: GE WASHER IS A TOTAL PIECE OF JUNK!!  (Read 2819 times)

Offline jdubb4045

• VIP Member
GE WASHER IS A TOTAL PIECE OF JUNK!!
« on: September 01, 2009, 06:39:06 PM »
I bought a used GE WCVH6260FWW washing machine from craigslist and it is the biggest mistake I have ever made.  The washer will fill with water and then do completely nothing for over ten minutes.  After that it will drain and then the pause light will come on without me ever touching any buttons.  I found a few other forums that explained how the lint trap can become plugged and that this could cause some issues.  I cleaned this out and also tried to reset the computer by unplugging the washer, then plugging it back in and opening and closing the door five times within thirty seconds.  This was something else I found on another forum.  After doing this, the washer actually worked for a couple loads.  However it is now back to having this problem and even after trying the reset again, it will not work.  Now if it is in fact a circuit board or something of that nature that needs to be replaced, I am not sure where I can even find parts for this thing.  I have searched the internet for parts, but I cannot find parts for this model number anywhere.  A couple of sites suggested a similar part number of WCVH6260FOWW.  I am not sure if the parts would be the same or not.  Please help, this is so frustrating!! >:(

Model WCVH6260FWW

Offline Repair-man

• Technician
  • The Virtual Repairman
    • The Virtual Repairmans Appliance Help
Re: GE WASHER IS A TOTAL PIECE OF JUNK!!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 06:56:13 PM »
Aw, now, you only call it junk because you are dismayed that you  actually bought a "used" machine from someone who may not have divulged all the issues with the machine. After all, no one sells a $1000.00 perfectly good machine in most cases. Let's call this a lesson learned...

After the fill, the next phase is to tumble the clothes around for ten minutes or so, then drain. If it does not tumble, there may be issues with the motor inverter board, motor or maybe even a broken wire somewhere down there to the motor. Check the  small wires to the motor carefully to see if one may have worked loose. If not, it's time for a new inverter board.

Motor Inverter Board- click
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 08:08:17 PM by Repair-man »
"It's only expensive if someone else fixes it for you" -
The Virtual Repairman   www.repair2000.com

Maytag Neptune washer MAH4000AWW

Started by Sue

Replies: 8
Views: 6358
Last post February 09, 2013, 07:41:01 AM
by def
Frigidaire Front Load washer making noise.

Started by curtis

Replies: 3
Views: 6121
Last post July 05, 2007, 09:25:04 PM
by AJ
Repair Guide: Whirlpool Direct Drive Washer - No agitate or spin

Started by AJ

Replies: 13
Views: 25463
Last post January 02, 2009, 01:09:38 PM
by AJ
Noisey Washer

Started by jdman

Replies: 15
Views: 6629
Last post July 28, 2007, 09:51:14 AM
by AJ
Estate washer leaking oil

Started by gearhead

Replies: 1
Views: 5191
Last post July 31, 2007, 06:39:31 AM
by AJ
Video: Whirlpool Washer Motor - Bad connection..

Started by AJ

Replies: 3
Views: 2159
Last post July 29, 2013, 06:32:05 PM
by AJ