Author Topic: Maytag Neptune Washer - can hear water sloshing when I rotate the drum  (Read 10057 times)

Offline reisman

• VIP Member
I have a Maytag Neptune Washer model MAH5500BWQ, and it seems to be working OK, as far as I can tell.  But when finished, and I remove the clothes after the final spin cycle, I sometimes rotate the drum around to get everything out.  I hear water sloshing around below the drum, and it sounds like a lot of water, although none is in the drum visibly.  The clothes are spun out well, and I know the spin cycle is spinning OK.  I believe there is quite a bit of water left in the machine, due to its weight.  Please advise if you can provide me with any help or advice.   Mike

Offline MajorApp

• Technician
 That water is sealed inside the bottom of the drum for balancing. Nothing to worry about

Offline Repair-man

• Technician
  • The Virtual Repairman
    • The Virtual Repairmans Appliance Help
Just for giggles, let me clarify...the liquid is a saline solution which is hermetically sealed in the front balance ring on the spinner. It is there to reduce vibration and acts like a gyroscope when the spinner revolves. Good sound to hear when you spin the basket.

And yes, this will always be a "heavy" machine. There's a 14 lb concrete block sitting on the right upper side of the outer tub to counteract the weight of the motor on the lower left side. All this, including the  liquid in the spinner ring, keeps this tub from going into orbit during the 1000 rpm spin.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 06:43:54 AM by Repair-man »
"It's only expensive if someone else fixes it for you" -
The Virtual Repairman   www.repair2000.com

Offline cinta99

• VIP Member
Re: Maytag Neptune Washer - can hear water sloshing when I rotate the drum
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 02:44:52 AM »
I am resting better... Thank you for the pro advice. I recently bought a used set as they were top of the line years back and when I heard that sloshing sound I figured it was going to be a mold and mosquito magnet while I was out of town... I can rest easy. Thank you!

Maytag Neptune washer MAH4000AWW

Started by Sue

Replies: 8
Views: 6985
Last post February 09, 2013, 07:41:01 AM
by def
How to replace a Maytag - Amana washer water pump and belt.

Started by AJ

Replies: 18
Views: 27894
Last post April 19, 2010, 08:23:29 PM
by JWWebster
Maytag Neptune MAH4000AWW Won't Drain Water / Smell

Started by mightymac

Replies: 22
Views: 23052
Last post February 15, 2013, 04:35:03 PM
by def
Maytag Ensignia washer won't extract water

Started by nandomay

Replies: 1
Views: 2903
Last post December 30, 2007, 11:53:58 AM
by TechnicianBrian
Maytag Washer - Fills with water, then does nothing...

Started by AJ

Replies: 7
Views: 8864
Last post February 21, 2008, 05:34:00 PM
by AJ
Maytag Neptune Washer - No Spin

Started by AJ

Replies: 6
Views: 5448
Last post February 20, 2008, 12:41:13 PM
by AJ