Author Topic: drain length  (Read 2315 times)

Offline cbeast

• VIP Member
drain length
« on: January 31, 2008, 03:19:51 PM »
had to do some plumbing in basement, drains for washer etc ,old drained into sump pump ate up a few pumps over years so ran drain right into sewer pipe, I checked older installation info said from top of drain to bottom of unit max 96'', set pipe at 86'' Washer ran good for a week or so ,started makin noise now, won't spin. Read all your other posts on couplers etc, read install instructions for this unit ,says 76'' max, but question is, did putting drain that far possibly cause problems or in future (overload on pump,motor)?    washer only 3-4 yrs old. sorry bout long post. thanks

Model Number: LSN1000KQ0 icon
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 02:18:39 PM by cbeast »

Offline whirlpooltech

• Technician
  • 20 years of experience
Re: drain length
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 07:28:45 AM »
Hi,

but question is, did putting drain that far possibly cause problems

I don't think a extra 10 inchs of stand pipe for the drain would do any damage, not in a weeks time anyway.

Did you find the trouble with the washer as to why it won't spin or you need some help?

Offline cbeast

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 02:23:42 PM »
no not yet got the cabinet off (thanks to your video) will look tonight. Want to thank all of you involved with this sight, very informative !!!!!!! C

Offline whirlpooltech

• Technician
  • 20 years of experience
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 03:14:52 PM »
Please let us know what you find or if you need any help.

:coffee:

Offline cbeast

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 11:11:24 PM »
got into it, first thing took pump off had piece of cloth in it, took it out tried to turn motor no problems put back together and its working again but it sounds like metal slapping together when spin stops ( only time it does it) and it seems like during  rinse spin it used to spray water ,it doesn't now (timer kinda growls) ,but washer will go through all cycles to complete wash  Thanks again

Offline whirlpooltech

• Technician
  • 20 years of experience
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 08:53:22 AM »
got into it, first thing took pump off had piece of cloth in it, took it out tried to turn motor no problems put back together and its working again
  O0

but it sounds like metal slapping together when spin stops ( only time it does it) and it seems like during  rinse spin it used to spray water ,it doesn't now (timer kinda growls) ,but washer will go through all cycles to complete wash

Not sure what the metal slapping sound could be. You get the cabinet back on ok?
Could the sound be coming from the side of the cabinet?

If you had a cold water spray rinse and it's not working now about all it could be is something with the timer. Unless you have no cold water. You can check to see if you have cold water during the fill cycle.

Offline cbeast

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 05:09:35 PM »
hello  the sound of the clunk (?) might have been there all along happens just when spin stops (will the transmission do this?) , still runs good . The cold water fills etc like it should but just no spray on rinse, the timer is starting to growl louder than before (maybe timer ?) I ask only as I'm not workin and need to try to keep this one runnin for awhile as inexpensive as possible   just read the slipping washer post that's probably the sound I'm hearing
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 05:14:40 PM by cbeast »

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 07:24:24 PM »
Ain't it funny how you hear all manor of sounds a washer makes after you done wurked on it.LOL If it will fill wash spin rinse spin and the clothes look good then not to worry.Captain my babys...My poor babys
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Maytag Neptune MAH4000AWW Won't Drain Water / Smell

Started by mightymac

Replies: 22
Views: 24841
Last post February 15, 2013, 04:35:03 PM
by def
My Maytag washer won't drain

Started by krisncameron

Replies: 1
Views: 4043
Last post November 18, 2007, 12:45:00 PM
by apptech
whirlpool washer model LXR9245EQ1- won't drain-slow spin

Started by fixmeplz

Replies: 2
Views: 6550
Last post January 16, 2008, 10:13:02 PM
by JWWebster
Frigidaire Washer - Noisy During Drain Cycle.

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 3832
Last post December 27, 2007, 07:54:12 PM
by AJ
Washer spins but doesn't drain

Started by veryhipp

Replies: 5
Views: 5303
Last post February 25, 2008, 02:05:19 PM
by veryhipp
Kenmore Washer will not drain or spin, agitates on the agitate lo cylce only