I just bought a 6year ago model Kenmore dryer 110.7XXXXXX( sorry, can not get full model from the tag). It should be made by Whirlpool. It has been in the storage for a long time. Have not been used. So I call it 6-year new dryer.
I am silly, want cheap and new. But now I get in trouble and have to fix it.
Here is what happen:
Dryer is rolling and heat up. But I do not feel it is really really hot. It took three 40min run for one load, but cloth still not dry.
1. internal vent: I check the filter and inside vent tunnel via Filter port. They are clean.
2. heater element fail: I don't know how to check it, Since it is "6 year new" dryer. I like to trust this dryer.
3. Thermal element: I don't know how to check it.
4. Gas line problem: this is 20-year old house. There is gas valve at end of gas line in laundry room. I had gas company coming in to check. They told me gas line is fine, because my heater and cooking stove are working fine. But indeed, they also told me that kind gas valve has a protection for overheat. I need to turn it and reset it. My question is:
Can old gas valve fail? Have anyone see the gas line clog, and there is no enough gas to the dryer? How to test it? Can old gas valve fail?
5. Ventilation line. I just read a couple thread here, I will check my vent soon and see any block.
Is any other most possible cause for long heat time? I almost have to buy a electrical dryer.
any suggestion, i would appreciate.