Forum > Dryer Repair

LG Tromm Gas Dryer won't Heat

<< < (3/8) > >>

the_bigham:
P.S.

Does the "check filter" always light up when you first start it? You'd think I would know that after all these years :-|

About to drag this thing back into the house to see 6931EL3003C did the trick...

bigbuck:

"Does the "check filter" always light up when you first start it? You'd think I would know that after all these years ".                                                                   

Yes

john63:
Looking at the front of the dryer at ground level---the HI-LIMIT THERMOSTAT (6931EL3003F) is located at the one O'clock position on the burner tube.

The HI-LIMIT THERMOSTAT shuts down the gas burner if the temperature in the burner tube has reached 203F.
The HI-LIMIT THERMOSTAT is self-resetting and does NOT have a reset button (automatically resets when the temperature lowers to 158F).

The THERMAL LIMITER (6931EL3003C) is located at the seven to eight o'Clock position on the burner tube.

The THERMAL LIMITER shuts down the gas burner if the HI-LIMIT THERMOSTAT fails to do so---at 230F.

To reset the THERMAL LIMITER---press the small (red or black) button until a "click" sound is felt/heard.

LG published a Service Bulletin in 2006---recommending that the HI-LIMIT THERMOSTAT be replaced if the THERMAL LIMITER has "tripped".

<<<Does the "check filter" always light up when you first start it?>>>

The CHECK FILTER indicator light is a *reminder* to clean the lint filter before starting another load in the dryer.

When the dryer is powered on (turned on)---this light flashes to get your attention---and reminds the user to verify that the lint filter has been cleaned---and is in no way triggered by any type of sensor mounted in the lint filter housing.

When the dryer is started (running)---this indicator lamp should turn off.

<<<I did NOT replace M220 - THERMOSTAT ASSEMBLY - 6931EL3003F, even though I ordered it, because it does not match what is in the unit. The replacement I ordered has a red button and the screw holes do not match what is in the unit.>>>

Incorrect part.

M220 is the HI-LIMIT THERMOSTAT (6931EL3003F) and *does not* have a reset button.

the_bigham:
Every site shows the wrong image for 6931EL3003F when I Google it (has button/etc) . Not sure where to order the right part at this stage. Example image from the forum sponser:
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/High-Limit-Thermostat/6931EL3003F/1365245

After hooking up the dryer last night, less the ducting (so I could feel the heat), I had heat briefly. I heard the gas fire up (whoompf) and was getting warm air for a couple minutes or so out the rear vent. Then the heat stopped, and I have not been able to get heat again.

That tells my my igniter is good, which also looked good on the multimeter I borrowed. Perhaps those few minutes of heat was not long enough to trip the high limit and I am looking at a 6501EL9001A issue and/or the high-limit?

I have not run the "diagnostic test" yet - my likely next step (if it is valuable/informative for my symptoms).

P.S.

Is the LG published a Service Bulletin from 2006 a web facing document?

I have the 6931EL3003C I removed on my desk. I cannot get the button to click no matter the pressure I apply - do they break or does it have to be tripped by heat internally to click? Doubting this was broken at this stage....

the_bigham:
Suspecting 6931EL3004B is the HI-LIMIT THERMOSTAT I need, despite what the LG service manual says.
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/High-Limit-Thermostat/6931EL3004B/1268367

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version