Forum > Dryer Repair

Maytag dryer noise - idler pulley?

(1/2) > >>

pantherburn:
Hello,

I am glad to have found this forum. I am puzzled over troubleshooting what part I need to replace on my Maytag dryer, model number lde9306ace. Thank you in advance to anyone who is kind enough to repond.

Anyway, I think that I may need to replace my idler pulley, or perhaps the kit which includes the "idler pulley & sleeve kit", part # W10116792

BUT, I could be totally wrong, hence my posting to this forum.

Problem - noisy dryer - loud clicking/popping sound. When I remove the rear panel that allows you to access the motor/drive belt assemble, the noise seems to come from the idler pulley assembly. While the dryer is running, if I carefully reach in and grab the spring and reduce the tension on the idler pulley assembly, the noise stops. What do you think? Anything else to check? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Pantherburn

Model lde9306ace

RegUS_PatOff:
LDE9306ACE Service Manual

pantherburn:
Thank you ! This is very helpful.

Regards,
Pantherburn

JWWebster:
remove the front panel and see if anything is behind this OR if it is loose..
This is a common prob on these dryer.
Le sez le bon temps rouler!

Maytag Dryer Blower Wheel Assembly Part # Y303836

pantherburn:
JW,

It does sound like it is coming from the squirrel cage blower, and I have tried to investigate but was duped. How in the h*ll do you get to the 4th. screw that allows you to remove the duct that goes from the lint trap to the blower??? I can access the three screws in the tumbler, but the lower left one (if facing the dryer) is behind a brace. What's the trick? Do I have to remove the whole front tumbler support? What genius engineer designed this?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Regards,
Pantherburn

--- Quote from: JWWebster on February 01, 2008, 09:33:47 PM ---remove the front panel and see if anything is behind this OR if it is loose..
This is a common prob on these dryer.
Le sez le bon temps rouler!

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version