Author Topic: My Maytag gives the error code "do" and the door is closed.  (Read 1260 times)

Offline briancalhoun

• VIP Member
My wife decided to wash a mop head , and it turned into a big blob that clogged everthing up. I pulled off the the drain lines and cleaned them and the pump out, I also pulled the tub out and cleaned the tub, surround and the small gateway at the bottom of the surround out. I put it all back together and when I go to start it I get the "do" error code. The switch is working it has three positions input/no /nc I have used my voult meter to check that it is working properly. I also checked that it had 120V to the control board when the door was closed. I thought that it may be a ground issue so I combined the grounds with the main one. Same issue. I went into service mode and everthing else seems to be working. Where did I go wrong, Please help.

Thanks

Model MAH5500B

Offline Repair-man

• Technician
  • The Virtual Repairman
    • The Virtual Repairmans Appliance Help
Re: My Maytag gives the error code "do" and the door is closed.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 05:47:15 AM »
Where did I go wrong

For starters, you did not need to pull the tub...even seasoned technicians have  problems with such a major teardown. Removing the debris is easier by simply removing the large hose on the bottom of the tub and setting a pan under the hole while you flush water into the tub with a pitcher. Gets everything.

You can also remove a rear baffle in the spinner so you can see the tub outlet. Any latent debris can then be picked out if it did not wash thru. Again, 2 screws to remove, nothing else.

If you are dead certain the switches in the door lock are ok and you checked the continuity of each wire from the door lock back up to the control board, then you have a bad control board. There were 2 different controls made for the 5500 so we'd need the entire model number and serial to check parts for you.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 05:53:19 AM by Repair-man »
"It's only expensive if someone else fixes it for you" -
The Virtual Repairman   www.repair2000.com

Offline briancalhoun

• VIP Member
Re: My Maytag gives the error code "do" and the door is closed.
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 12:14:54 PM »
It was completely cloged the piece under the tub was still holding water after three days, any way I found the problem. I had taken the top off to get to the rubber boot spring, I unpluged the control board, On P6 you can plug it in backwards, that is what I did. Turned the plug over and everything is good now.

Thanks

Kenmore/Whirlpool Calypso "FL" error code

Started by mdevera211

Replies: 1
Views: 3118
Last post August 07, 2010, 02:40:51 PM
by JWWebster
Arghh *&$#@! Please lend a hand. LG WD-3274RHD door switch error "dE" from hell

Started by ThunderHammer

Replies: 9
Views: 1066
Last post September 10, 2012, 06:32:22 PM