Forum > Chit Chat

Voltage through ground.

<< < (2/3) > >>

Repair-man:
This is an old post...why are you trying to revive it? He apparently found the problem and failed  to report back, as is often the case.

shieldcracker:
Because the problem could be very serious indeed. Just think about what he said...

You wanna see old, go see your own reply to my question on the wax motor 8 months after it was posted!  8)

Repair-man:
I'm not going to argue with you here, but JW revived the post with another comment that begged for an explanation.

magician59:
Sorry about the length of time for this thread guys...I didn't fix the problem, but other problems in the house took priority. To answer shieldcracker's question: I read the voltage between the ground and neutral. incidently, I didn't notice this problem until after an AC company replaced my condenser unit, and installed a separate cut-off for it.

jumptrout51:
You have a serious grounding problem,if you are grounded at all.
As mentioned about underground utilities. If you have UG wiring the grounding rod could have pierced a hot lead. This would cause voltage to ground and neutral with the main off.
When the condensing unit was changed and a new disconnect installed,did they also install a ground rod?
Have you disconnected the main,then read voltage,then start turning off breakers to see when or if the voltage goes away?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version