Forum > Range, Oven & Cooktop Repair

Kenmore Elite Micro/convection oven

(1/2) > >>

ahab:
I have a code that pops up on display as F-1, This only happens when in combo or convection mode.
Will not heat up at all. Microwave works fine.  
Does anyone know what board  I have to change to fix this problem.
HELP

Model 721.80823500

JWWebster:
GE
Microwave Fault Codes
Failure
Code  Condition Check/Repair
F1  Open sensor, will occur below 190F of cavity temperature within 15 minutes after starting convection, combination or roast cook  Check oven temperature sensor for continuity. Replace if zero or infinite ohms 
F2 Shorted thermal sensor, will occur if a shorted thermal sensor is detected continuously over 5 seconds on convection, combination or roast cooking Check oven temperature sensor for continuity. Replace if zero or infinite ohms

Note: It will take a minimum of 5 minutes of convection run time before F1 or F2 code will be displayed if the thermal sensor is shorted or open.
F3 Shorted key panel (touch pad), will occur if a shorted key panel is detected continuously over 60 seconds  Replace key panel (touch pad)
F4 Open humidity sensor, will occur if humidity sensor is detected as being open continuously over 5 seconds  Replace humidity sensor
F5 Shorted humidity sensor, will occur if humidity sensor is detected as being shorted continuously over 5 seconds Replace humidity sensor 
F6 Shorted temperature probe, will occur if temperature probe is detected as shorted continuously over 5 seconds Replace temperature probe
ProbEe Open temperature probe, will occur if temperature probe is detected open, or not plugged into the receptacle  If probe is plugged in and "ProbE" is on display check continuity of the probe with an ohm meter. If zero or infinite ohms, replace it

ahab:
Is that just for a GE or will that work for an LG(Kenmore).

JWWebster:
Its the only one I had and I was unable to nail down who made your machine. I know nothing about these new fangled mexitronics  :rofl:
I do know that microwave ovens are made exclusively in one region of the world. Taiwan and I assume all these damn thangs are using basically the same control unit. I was in walmart and looking at various microwaves and noting the patterns of the controls. Every damn one of them basically have the same pattern. That don't mean a damn thing in this instance though.

whirlpooltech:
JW check out this topic.

Who Made Sears:
http://appliancejunk.com/forums/index.php?topic=3761.0

ahab, I don't work on LG but maybe technician Brian or one of the others will read this and be able to help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version