Author Topic: Kenmore Elite Micro/convection oven  (Read 5764 times)

Offline ahab

• VIP Member
Kenmore Elite Micro/convection oven
« on: August 09, 2009, 12:50:09 PM »
I have a code that pops up on display as F-1, This only happens when in combo or convection mode.
Will not heat up at all. Microwave works fine.  
Does anyone know what board  I have to change to fix this problem.
HELP

Model 721.80823500

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: Kenmore Elite Micro/convection oven
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 05:51:55 PM »
GE
Microwave Fault Codes
Failure
Code  Condition Check/Repair
F1  Open sensor, will occur below 190F of cavity temperature within 15 minutes after starting convection, combination or roast cook  Check oven temperature sensor for continuity. Replace if zero or infinite ohms 
F2 Shorted thermal sensor, will occur if a shorted thermal sensor is detected continuously over 5 seconds on convection, combination or roast cooking Check oven temperature sensor for continuity. Replace if zero or infinite ohms

Note: It will take a minimum of 5 minutes of convection run time before F1 or F2 code will be displayed if the thermal sensor is shorted or open.
F3 Shorted key panel (touch pad), will occur if a shorted key panel is detected continuously over 60 seconds  Replace key panel (touch pad)
F4 Open humidity sensor, will occur if humidity sensor is detected as being open continuously over 5 seconds  Replace humidity sensor
F5 Shorted humidity sensor, will occur if humidity sensor is detected as being shorted continuously over 5 seconds Replace humidity sensor 
F6 Shorted temperature probe, will occur if temperature probe is detected as shorted continuously over 5 seconds Replace temperature probe
ProbEe Open temperature probe, will occur if temperature probe is detected open, or not plugged into the receptacle  If probe is plugged in and "ProbE" is on display check continuity of the probe with an ohm meter. If zero or infinite ohms, replace it

May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline ahab

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 09:19:23 PM »
Is that just for a GE or will that work for an LG(Kenmore).

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 09:22:41 PM »
Its the only one I had and I was unable to nail down who made your machine. I know nothing about these new fangled mexitronics  :rofl:
I do know that microwave ovens are made exclusively in one region of the world. Taiwan and I assume all these damn thangs are using basically the same control unit. I was in walmart and looking at various microwaves and noting the patterns of the controls. Every damn one of them basically have the same pattern. That don't mean a damn thing in this instance though.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 09:30:45 PM by JWWebster »
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline whirlpooltech

• Technician
  • 20 years of experience
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 09:28:41 PM »
JW check out this topic.

Who Made Sears:
http://appliancejunk.com/forums/index.php?topic=3761.0

ahab, I don't work on LG but maybe technician Brian or one of the others will read this and be able to help.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 09:53:23 PM »
WPT thanks I made a note of it in my blog. I been wanting to do that for some time. I know one day my PC will crash and all my notes will be lost so I am putting them all on google sites.
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline Repair-man

• Technician
  • The Virtual Repairman
    • The Virtual Repairmans Appliance Help
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 10:57:37 AM »
Most oven codes involving F-1 mean the touch pad or the oven clock (ERC) is bad. F-1 means the oven senses a stuck key. You would have to know how to test the touchpad for resistance to be able to diagnose what part you need next, unless you like the shotgun approach. There's a tech sheet in the control panel of this unit to assist you.

The Sears part # for the touchpad assy is 383EW1A107B
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 11:07:16 AM by Repair-man »
"It's only expensive if someone else fixes it for you" -
The Virtual Repairman   www.repair2000.com

Kenmore Elite Double Oven convection fan not working

Started by ch3ris

Replies: 6
Views: 4503
Last post July 02, 2010, 05:10:22 PM
by JWWebster
Kenmore Elite Convection oven

Started by lizcreech