Author Topic: Help with Whirlpool Dryer LER7646EQ1  (Read 6619 times)

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: Help with Whirlpool Dryer LER7646EQ1
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2009, 08:46:01 PM »
If you use the test light like you did you only PROVE you have power to those components. IF you removed one wire from each component safety and element and check between that live 240 volt wire and that naked terminal on each of them components, then that test light would work but you would probably fry yer butt doing it :D
It is best to use an audible ohm meter and remove at least one wire from each component. Each one that did a BEEP would be telling you Hay Im Good! A lot safer than getting electrocuted as WPT brought out. By the way check your vent and lint inside the dryer or replacing the limit will do not good. It will just blow again.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 08:51:58 PM by JWWebster »
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2009, 08:57:04 PM »
One other thing is the control thermostat has 4 terminals. The 2 BIG wires in it carry the load. the 2 smaller wires power up a tiny heater inside the control thermostat to make it shut down faster for perma press and delicate. Those two smaller terminals have to be tested with a REAL GOOD ohmsmeter to get a reading out of them. Disregard what you might think is a open reading on them.
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline NMUWildcat027

• VIP Member
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2009, 06:14:53 PM »
I ordered and installed the thermal cutoff unit, part # 279816
This fixed my problem and it is blowing heat now.  This part came with a new hi-limit thermostat.  In my error I already replaced my hi-limit thermostat before this part came in.  The hi-limit that came with my thermal cutoff limit is a little different then the one that is on the machine.  Is it necessary to install this part?  My dryer is working, but I want to make sure I am not at risk by not installing the part.

I heavily cleaned out the vents and did have a big build up of lint.  That is taken care of.

Thanks for all the help from those that helped.  This sight has saved me a lot of time and frustration.  I know a lot more now then when I started, so thank you.

Offline jumptrout51

• Technician
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2009, 06:30:55 PM »
Not knowing what thermostat you used it would be best to use the one that came with the set. If the single thermostat has the same values as the one in the set just leave it there.
Take a Kid fishing.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2009, 09:23:09 PM »
Those limits really need to be replaced as a pair.
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Video: How to check voltage at cord on a Whirlpool electric dryer.

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 7284
Last post August 06, 2007, 05:57:19 PM
by AJ
Video: How to take your Whirlpool dryer apart to replace parts & remove lint

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 19268
Last post August 16, 2007, 06:02:43 PM
by AJ
How to replace Whirlpool Dryer Motor.

Started by AJ

Replies: 2
Views: 6617
Last post January 15, 2009, 08:13:09 PM
by AJ
whirlpool dryer gew9250PW1

Started by rclarkco

Replies: 1
Views: 3234
Last post December 16, 2007, 01:17:43 PM
by Pegi
Whirlpool Dryer - Run, but does not heat.

Started by AJ

Replies: 2
Views: 2131
Last post January 10, 2014, 12:26:55 PM
by fairbank56
whirlpool dryer metal on metal sounds?

Started by amnesty

Replies: 5
Views: 4669
Last post May 16, 2009, 01:10:38 PM
by mr_fixit