Author Topic: How do you oil those itty bitty motors?  (Read 1849 times)

Offline chiknstik

• VIP Member
How do you oil those itty bitty motors?
« on: July 31, 2009, 11:25:37 PM »
Hi guys I'm new here, but I'll share a little something I picked up a few years ago.  I was just reading JW's reply to the fella having trouble with his blower motor not running, and noted his endorsement of zoom-oil. (I totally agree!)   But, how do you get the oil to the ports on those little attic fan motors, frig blowers, or even bathroom fan blowers that don't have ports? (Without getting more oil on the motor, fan blades and you than in the bearing!!)
A hypodermic needle.  Like the ones diabetics use.  You can (Carefully) suck up a few drops of oil out of the zoom bottle, then get the needle into the oil port and inject the oil into the bearing area.  Just be careful not to inject yourself with oil.  I keep a couple in my HVAC tool box.
 O0
Don't force it. Get the BIG hammer.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: How do you oil those itty bitty motors?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 11:32:15 PM »
That is a damn good tip amigo! Momma had a bunch of them diabetic needles. I done stuck myself on them thangs. I bet the used ones would work great to lube motors. Never thought of it. Dammit why can't my brain come up with anythang?.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Keeping Motors Clean

Started by Icehouse

Replies: 0
Views: 1712
Last post January 24, 2009, 06:56:18 PM
by Icehouse