Author Topic: Moen kitchen faucet  (Read 5316 times)

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Moen kitchen faucet
« on: March 03, 2009, 08:59:37 PM »
Yall I am so pissed i could have a  cow. I spent the majority of the afternoon working on dripping faucets around the house. I was able to replace the seal in the toilet and stop that one but I had no luck with my kitchen sink. I took my cartriige out and use plumbers grease on it. and re installed it. I have a spare one also. Neither of which I can get to stop from dripping. Have any of you brainiacs ever flucked with a dayum Moen faucet?  :tickedoff:
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline RegUS_PatOff

• Technician
Re: Moen kitchen faucet
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 01:45:18 AM »
replace the cartridge ...
After leaving this Earth, "Do you want the smoking or non-smoking section?"

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 09:25:27 AM »
The one I have in there I put in last year. How often do you replace them? The cartridge was 30 bucks. Am I gonna need to buy one every yer? Screw that. I will go to ace hardware and get a whole new el cheapo faucet.
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline RegUS_PatOff

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 10:47:54 AM »
technically they have a lifetime warranty... and should last a long time, unless you've used non-silicone lube or have some funky water ...

depending on the faucet model, they sell the plastic version cartridge for about $12

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 01:46:59 PM »
Who would sell the plastic insert. Do you know an online source? The only peeps close to me that even have moen parts is Faucet parts of America and they want $30 bucks. Ace hardware dont have it.
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair Help
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 02:01:20 PM »
Give Moen a call. If they have a lifetime warranty they should send the parts to you free of charge.

I had a Moen bathroom faucet that we paid something like $150 for. One of the handles broke off so I called Moen and they sent the part out free of charge.

After the third time the handle broke I replaced the faucet with a cheap $40 faucet from the local hardware store.

Same thing happened with our Moen kitchen faucet, but it was not the handle that broke. On our kitchen faucet it was the pull out spray hose.

Paid around $175 or so for the Moen kitchen faucet.

After the second time the kitchen faucet broke I replace it with a cheap faucet and never had any more problems.

After them two experiences I decided I would never spend that much again on plumbing fixtures. :)

Replacement parts may be obtained by calling 1-800-289-6636 (Canada 1-800-465-6130)

Moen Warranty Information

Offline RegUS_PatOff

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 02:04:48 PM »
Who would sell the plastic insert. Do you know an online source? The only peeps close to me that even have moen parts is Faucet parts of America and they want $30 bucks. Ace hardware dont have it.
check moen.com to find model and replacement part numbers

Offline viking351

• VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 05:52:07 PM »
Here is the moen web site.
http://www.moen.com/index.cfm?&CFID=3561112&CFTOKEN=2ed584da0570b984-31EEBBF1-97DD-FA09-0DCABA0E47393CA0

Moen warranties their parts for life. you will propably need your purchase receipt to request new parts. Sometimes just having the model number will allow them to send you parts.

the replacement parts are free and they ship them to you via UPS(free shipping).

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 07:57:38 PM »
They sent me a replacement part last year and it held up till just lately. The cust serv rep said since I did not buy the faucet  (it came with my new house) They could only honor their warranty one time  with me. Bullsh*t ! I wouldnt' own another moen product if they melted it down and poured it on me.
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2009, 09:14:57 PM »
The faucet saga continues. Seems I am not the biggest drip around my house. I talked to a Moen rep today who is sending me a new insert and some yankee directions. I will let yall know.
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 08:06:08 PM »
I could not wait for the moen part to arrive, I took matters into my own hands.My friend big Mike brought us a faucet he located over in Mississippi. (don't ask me where he got it I do not know,hurricane katrina salvage?) I ripped out the sink from the kitchen counter and carried it outside. It is a double stainless sink and there was a hole in the right hand elbo as well as the trap. Circa 1970s drain system. I took the old parts down to ace hardware and a nice guy down there took the time to open some plastic pieces and put together a plastic drain system damn near close to my old nastyness. Yeah the faucet was funky AND the drain was gone. Can you imagine the funk under my kitchen sink? I got the old faucet off the sink and scrubbed it down with greased lightning. Installed the new faucet(new to me) This beauty had the old style handles for hot and cold and a big old goose neck spout . Looks cool too. I installed the faucet, bought a new sprayer assembly(the old one was gone and would not fit the dayum new faucet). I constructed the new drain system (all this on my appliance lift out in the shop. I installed that bad boy in the cabinet, had to use some new hoses to connect hot and cold). I gotta tell yall that sink is sweet. (I gotta say about a hundred or more hail marys). My wife is happier than a, well lets just leave it at that. LOL I got her ass off my back  :2funny: O0 :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :banana: :cheers: :banana:
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline chiknstik

• VIP Member
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2009, 12:18:14 AM »
This ole landlord has a one-word answer: Delta.
Parts are available and tenents can't fudge 'em up.  They make fancy lookin' stuff the ladies go for.
Don't force it. Get the BIG hammer.

Price Pfister kitchen faucet

Started by JWWebster

Replies: 4
Views: 3969
Last post April 15, 2009, 05:23:42 PM
by JWWebster
Kitchen appliance recommendations

Started by maypo52

Replies: 9
Views: 3776
Last post January 31, 2014, 10:13:00 PM
by afterblast
New Kitchen Appliances

Started by Zidane

Replies: 5
Views: 1711
Last post December 02, 2008, 08:12:35 AM
by Zidane
Need a Christmas Idea for A Kitchen Repairman.

Started by Monkeymom

Replies: 2
Views: 1182
Last post December 11, 2008, 01:45:58 PM
by whirlpooltech
Under the fugging kitchen sink...some more

Started by JWWebster

Replies: 6
Views: 2026
Last post August 01, 2009, 12:12:32 AM
by chiknstik
The Y in front of a Kitchen Aid model number