Author Topic: Maytag Performa This forum helped me. Thanks  (Read 3448 times)

Offline ArnieTX

• VIP Member
Maytag Performa This forum helped me. Thanks
« on: January 21, 2008, 09:27:43 PM »
Maytag Performa washer PAV1000AWW quit spinning. Had it 10 trouble free years now. Googled problem and some samauri dude got me pointed in the general direction. That didn't go too far. Googled "service manual" and somehow found this site.  ;D

Looked in from the back, couldn't see anything wrong. Could not locate belt. Took out everything on the inside (kinda fun in a sick way) , could not find the belt. Scratched my head and drank a little rum. Once rum kicked in I decided to look underneath, wallAH, theres the belt. Drive shaft is exposed, looks like there should be a clip somewhere, washers falling out everywhere. Hey , this clip was broke:

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/part_details_lgimg.aspx?part_id=4033603&image=0

Now I'll just order this since some of the washers look a little rough and the kit comes with a parts location breakdown:

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/part_details_lgimg.aspx?part_id=3673642&image=0

Thanks for such a great site. Maybe I got lucky on this one.....crossing fingers

Joe in Texas
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 10:35:35 PM by AJ »

Offline ArnieTX

• VIP Member
Re: This forum helped me. Thanks
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 09:33:28 PM »
BTW- Just curious how much $$$ I saved doing this myself? What is the going rate for labor these days for appliance repair? I'll tell the wife how much we saved and maybe she'll let me spend a little on some fishing tackle. :) :) :)

Thanks

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 10:27:12 PM »
Hi ArnieTX   :tiphat:

Glad you found us helpful.  O0

What is the going rate for labor these days for appliance repair?

That's going to depend a lot on what part of the world you live in.

If you want to give us some idea of were you live one of the techs that help out here maybe able to give you some idea of what a service call and labor would cost.

Please keep us posted on how the repair goes...

Hope you find our site helpful.

Offline ArnieTX

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 10:51:34 PM »
Will do. I live just west of San Antonio.

Thanks

Offline Pegi

• VIP Member
  • Owner/Tech
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 08:26:37 AM »
No clue what the rates would be down there by a larger city, might call around and ask, up here a s/c runs around $55.00 and our labor in the home is $30.00 per hour, one hour minimum...of course some things have pre-set rates like tranny jobs so it is really hard to say...so guessing you would have saved $85.00 plus tax here in the Wichita Falls, Texas area, no clue what you saved down south...

Offline ArnieTX

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 07:33:08 PM »
Thanks Pegi.

Well, I bought the parts locally since 4 kids demand immediate attention. Thrust bearing kit-$52 OUCH compared to $29 online. I needed the parts today.

Replaced all the parts and tried to get that little c-clip inserted to hold it all on the shaft. WHAT A PITA! After some choice words  :tickedoff: and a couple of cramps I finally got that little clip around the shaft. A few customary sips of rum before the test. Fired up the weapons and she works like a charm. My lovely bride even thinks it spins and agitates with MORE POWER.  ;D O0

Thanks to all. If your Maytag Performa WM quits spinning and agitating, check that little pulley underneath for broken or striped out plastic. AND, go buy yourself some sort of tool/pliers that will spread that little C-Clamp enough to get it on the shaft. Having that tool will save you some rum.  ;D

Thanks

maytag performa out of balance

Started by mechemd1

Replies: 1
Views: 2306
Last post December 31, 2007, 06:47:41 PM
by AJ
Maytag Performa Washer will fill (after changing snubber) but will not agitate

Started by PD

Replies: 10
Views: 8295
Last post January 01, 2008, 05:14:06 PM