Author Topic: LE error code, will not spin  (Read 2682 times)

Offline DoItMyself

• VIP Member
LE error code, will not spin
« on: July 07, 2009, 12:06:57 PM »
The LE error code has been an ongoing problem with my LG WM2077CW washer.  This machine is about three years old and the LE code has been a problem for over a year now.  In the past after leaving the washer alone for a few hours the problem went away (usually happened when my wife did several loads, one after another).  The problem became more frequent until a couple weeks ago it stopped spinning all together.  I have since combed through several blogs and various sites to find trouble shooting tests.  This posting was the only one that I have found that gave any real answers with TESTS.  

So far I have replaced the hall sensor (the original was bad) and the Main PWB.  I could not find anyway to test the main PWB and went agents my better judgment and replaced it.  Washer still will not spin.

Problem: washer does not spin on any cycle and locks-up on spin cycles.  If I manual start turning the drum it will spin on the tumble cycle (in QC Test Mode).  If I start spinning the drum before I put it into a spin mode, the motor will not lock-up until it stops spinning (the spinning caused only by my hand).

I have checked the hall sensor, the stator, the wiring from the hall sensor to the Main PWB, and the wiring from the stator to the Main PWB.  The checks I performed were the ones in the post I referenced.

I have no idea what to do next.  

Is there another test I can do on the stator?  

What am I missing???

Offline DoItMyself

• VIP Member
Re: LE error code, will not spin
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 02:56:03 PM »
I am anxiously awaiting any help I can get.  The post I referenced is the only real help I have found in my quest to fix my washing machine.  I was really impressed with the mentality TechnicianBrian had on how to diagnose and fix problems (i.e. find the problem before trying to fix the problem).  My father is a true auto mechanic and has to deal with frustrated customers that went to that-other-guy who just threw new parts at the problem without ever doing any real diagnostics to find the problem“Yes, Mr. Customer, if you had come here first it would have only cost you five bucks.”

If I had more information than the pathetic excuse of a service manual, I know I could fix this.  I have been about a month without my washer and if I can’t find anymore information to help my plight I will be forced (my wife is less than impressed) to pay some one to try and fix the problem.  (I do not know anyone, that has the proper information, well enough to trust they are competent enough to find the problem before replacing more parts.)

I only have a couple days left and then the phone call that might cost me a right arm.

LE error code, will not spin

Started by kluce

Replies: 1
Views: 1495
Last post November 12, 2009, 09:06:52 PM
by Al Capone
Don't agitate or spin and error code E00

Started by knob

Replies: 3
Views: 1003
Last post July 27, 2012, 09:42:44 AM
by bigbuck
LG Trom washer WM2016CW wont spin error code LE

Started by danni

Replies: 8
Views: 2152
Last post September 16, 2013, 11:59:49 PM
by danni
Whirlpool electronic error code

Started by roxgirl

Replies: 1
Views: 5621
Last post July 25, 2007, 08:15:36 PM
by AJ
Whirlpool Duet Washer - F-30 error code and clunking noise in detergent area.

Started by AJ

Replies: 3
Views: 14114
Last post November 15, 2009, 09:34:58 AM
by AJ
Kitchenaid Washer F11 Error Code

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 0
Views: 5467
Last post March 23, 2008, 07:06:27 AM
by TechnicianBrian