I'm new here, this site was suggested to me through yahoo answers.
I have a maytag stack, The dryer, an lse 1000, Only works after it sits overnight. I pulled the control board and found a lot of damp lint on it so I cleaned that and vacuumed out as much of the dryer as I could reach. This seemed to fix it, at least for a day. It will run first thing in the morning but after 1 drying cycle only the no heat fluff cycle will run.
I was thinking a board short because of the lint, it's also been very humid in the northeast since the first week in may. That's nearly 2 months of rain and high humidity. Could it be that? Maybe dampness in the touch switch membranes? Help, I'm at my wits end. I'm familiar with most electrical terms and devices but the board level stuff is not my forte. If anyone can point me to a manual or tech sheet or test points that would be a big help. I have basic test equipment and skills and a scope so don't hold back anything.
Thanks in advance,