Forum > Washer Repair

Kenmore 70 Series Washer No Spin

<< < (2/3) > >>

Grinch383:
Ok, I installed the new clutch and put it all back together.  It still won't spin though.  When I was putting it together I noticed that the center shaft didn't seem right.  When you remove the the center piece that agitates you can see that it looks like the tub is sitting to low, maybe about an inch.  When I lift it, it will grab the little plastic piece like it should which would engage the tub.  Should it sit higher or am I wrong about that?  Those two metal tabs in there weren't worn but they are a little bent.  Any more ideas would help.  Also, can I just turn the knob to spin to check the operation or do I have to start the cycle from the very beginning.  Thanks.

whirlpooltech:

--- Quote ---Also, can I just turn the knob to spin to check the operation or do I have to start the cycle from the very beginning.
--- End quote ---

You can just turn the knob to spin, but if you have the cabinet removed you will have to jump out the lid switch for it to spin.

Does the motor run during the spin cycle?

Does the clutch spin during the spin cycle?

How about the block under the agitator?

Here is what a good block looks like.

Whirlpool Washer Drive Block Part # 389140

Grinch383:
The motor runs and the clutch spins, but I'm not sure about the block.  It looks a little different from the picture you sent.  How can I jump the lid switch?  That would make it easier to see what spins.  I tried to send you a picture of the tub sitting to low but the computer says the picture is to large.

AJ:

--- Quote --- I tried to send you a picture of the tub sitting to low but the computer says the picture is to large.
--- End quote ---

If you can't resize the photo yourself feel free to email it to me and I will post it hear for you.

whirlpooltech:

--- Quote ---How can I jump the lid switch?
--- End quote ---

Take a piece of wire and strip the insulation from the ends.
Put the ends of the wire you just stripped in the lid switch wire harness were you unplugged it from the cabinet to jump it out.

I would remove the agitator and run it in spin (with or without the cabinet on) and see if it's slipping on that block.

If that block is stripped out you will see the shaft spin around inside the block.

The shaft, block and tub should all spin together. Some were something is slipping.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version