Author Topic: Amana French Door, bottom freezer  (Read 2088 times)

Offline Asianjade

• VIP Member
  • Sea Breeze
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • SEA BREEZE APPLIANCE PARTS AND SERVICES
Amana French Door, bottom freezer
« on: June 22, 2009, 09:25:22 PM »
I need one of the refrigerator technicians to look over a problem related to the dispenser controls on this refrigerator. I have the service manual but it's a little vague to answer where the power supply comes from. The board behind the dispenser is listed as a low voltage control board. My question is if the controls at this board are blank minus the on/off of the light switch be powered by the mother board? If changing this board would be the answer or do we need to go back to the mother board for test. Here are some remarks made during our chat.
 Cube and water sensor on control unit don't work. On and off light works OK but humidity, temp. alarm, water/ice control lights, not working = no ice/water. Turned off circuit breaker, checked ice maker, water filter, power and water lines, etc. - all OK. Any suggestions?
Sea Breeze: Do you have a Brand Name and Model Number?
Jun 22, 2009
- Amana French Door, bottom freezer
Model # MFI2266AEB Serial # 10952241LV.
Thanks!
Sea Breeze: Jun 22, 2009
- Has anyone triggered the ice and water lock? To Lock Dispenser:
Press and hold the Lock/Unlock button for three
seconds. A green indicator light above the button will
illuminate when the dispenser is locked.
To Unlock Dispenser:
Hold the Lock/Unlock button for three seconds. The
green indicator light above will go out
I am still reviewing your refrigerator. On control panel outside on dispenser everything works except the Ice and water, Correct?
Jun 22, 2009
- Hi - SeaBreeze - humidity, temp. alarm, water/ice control lights do not work. When you touch them, they beeps but nothing happens. The main power on/off button works. We do not have a lock/unlock button. We checked the owner's manual but were unsuccessful in finding a solution. Thank you so much for taking the time to help with this.
Sea Breeze: Jun 22, 2009
- If this does not help Email me at appliancepartsse@yahoo.com
I will send you the service manual. I'm hoping there is no problem in the dispenser controls.. Sea Breeze
Jun 22, 2009
- OK, I have some information. There is a low voltage control board behind the controls on the dispenser. I can send you the service manual for your model but it is limited and not very clear on diagnostics unless the board works. The board is sensitive to static if handled improperly. The reason I feel it is this board is because the control functions no longer work there. If you would like to someone that I feel is better in solving this is TechnicianBrian SITE=> http://www.technicianbrian.com/ and I want you to email me and I will send to the service manual so you can present it to Brian. My email is appliancepartsse@yahoo.com I'm not trying to bail on you! I also would like to get some feedback from him on this model. There is some questions related to the power supply to that board that is not answered in the service manual. That is why I want you to contact him through his website. He is about as sharp as they come in this field. I could tell you to replace the board. But he may have a different plan. Email me with your model number in the subject field, Sea Breeze

I would appreciate anyones knowledge on how to answer this question. Thanks, JT
Asianjade

Offline Repair-man

• Technician
  • The Virtual Repairman
    • The Virtual Repairmans Appliance Help
Re: Amana French Door, bottom freezer
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 05:36:07 AM »
LV Board  67006294

"It's only expensive if someone else fixes it for you" -
The Virtual Repairman   www.repair2000.com

Offline Asianjade

• VIP Member
  • Sea Breeze
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • SEA BREEZE APPLIANCE PARTS AND SERVICES
Re: Amana French Door, bottom freezer
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 02:14:52 PM »
Yes, Thanks for the easy part, LOL!  Now I need to tell the mother board she has a new baby board to look after. Thanks Everyone! :)
Asianjade

LG bottom Freezer french door error "ER 1F"

Started by chengsr

Replies: 8
Views: 14463
Last post October 12, 2010, 09:47:39 AM
by JWWebster
Whirlpol Gold french door bottom freezer model GI6SARXXF04

Started by Bill

Replies: 2
Views: 518
Last post September 30, 2013, 10:30:43 PM