Author Topic: Help with maytag netune.  (Read 2713 times)

Offline rooo

• VIP Member
Help with maytag netune.
« on: January 15, 2008, 09:32:25 PM »
My problem is similar to this one...
http://appliancejunk.com/forums/index.php?topic=170.msg714#msg714

I was guessing that my wax motor screwed my lower motor control board up,but then as i read on i read that this wasnt the case(i will still be buying the new wax motor model) Im wondering what has caused this problem?It is exactly as it is in the other post,the glass tube fuse is burnt and the upper control board is in perfect condition.he states that he found his problems and bought the part for 207 but ive been searching and i have had no luck in finding whats wrong.im hoping someone here knows this.Thank you!

Model mah4000

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
Re: Help with maytag netune.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 10:19:13 PM »
Hi rooo  :tiphat:

Im wondering what has caused this problem?It is exactly as it is in the other post,the glass tube fuse is burnt and the upper control board is in perfect condition.

The motor could have damaged the motor board (board with fuse) or the motor board just went bad on it's own.

It does not really matter as you will need to repair it using the new motor kit. This kit included a new style motor and motor control board.

You can no longer get just a motor or motor board for that model washer. The kit is the only and correct way to repair it.

Hope you find our site helpful.
Follow us on Google+

Offline rooo

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 10:37:54 PM »
Hi rooo  :tiphat:

Im wondering what has caused this problem?It is exactly as it is in the other post,the glass tube fuse is burnt and the upper control board is in perfect condition.

The motor could have damaged the motor board (board with fuse) or the motor board just went bad on it's own.

It does not really matter as you will need to repair it using the new motor kit. This kit included a new style motor and motor control board.

You can no longer get just a motor or motor board for that model washer. The kit is the only and correct way to repair it.

Thanks! Is this Motor kit easy to install or will i need someone to do it for me?because the last repairman jipped us real bad.Basically he did what i heard maytag tells them to do,he bought a new motor control board(the one thats on the top) instead of just replacing the wax motor,i think ill be replacing that too since he replaced it with an older one.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 12:23:47 AM by AJ »

Offline RegUS_PatOff

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 10:44:56 PM »
when the wax motor goes bad, it usually takes out the upper controller board (he may have replaced both)

the new style wax motor should have a black plunger.

After leaving this Earth, "Do you want the smoking or non-smoking section?"

Offline rooo

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 11:02:35 PM »
when the wax motor goes bad, it usually takes out the upper controller board (he may have replaced both)

the new style wax motor should have a black plunger.

my mistake,yes he did replace it with the newer version,so he replaced both.So i guess all we need is the motor kit right?

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 12:27:41 AM »
Is this Motor kit easy to install or will i need someone to do it for me?

Yes, there is not much to it. There will be instructions with the kit to help you.

So i guess all we need is the motor kit right?

To correct the problem you have with the washer now all you need is the motor kit.

It would be a good idea for you to take a look at the wax motor to make sure it's the new style one with the black plunger.

If it's not the new style wax motor I would replace the wax motor too.
It would be some cheap insurance. :)

Follow us on Google+

Offline rooo

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 08:42:19 PM »
Is this Motor kit easy to install or will i need someone to do it for me?

Yes, there is not much to it. There will be instructions with the kit to help you.

So i guess all we need is the motor kit right?

To correct the problem you have with the washer now all you need is the motor kit.

It would be a good idea for you to take a look at the wax motor to make sure it's the new style one with the black plunger.

If it's not the new style wax motor I would replace the wax motor too.
It would be some cheap insurance. :)

Thank you for the help!Yeah my dad checked its the new style.(im posting on beside of my dad,very obvious now that i mention it of course :P) he has just ordered the motor kit and well be here by early next week!Thank you once again!

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 09:08:25 PM »
Thats great!

Please give us a little update after you get the parts in.  O0
Follow us on Google+

Offline sparky823

• VIP Member
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 11:51:25 PM »
I have this same washer so I know yours is under 10 years old. The motor is guarenteed for 10 years and you pay the labor but I was told that you can take your proof of purchase to a parts dealer and get the motor for free when they verify the age of the washer. This way they get paid by Maytag for the motor . Any one else know anything about this?

Offline sparky823

• VIP Member
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 12:48:57 AM »
Go to Appliance Blog Forums and look in the Maytag section for the postabout "You don't have to pay for the motor conversion kit" or something like that. There it will tell you how to get it and Maytag covers the cost. I see no sense in paying for something that is under warranty--after all we paid enough for these machines when we bought them.

Hope this saves you some $$.

Maytag Neptune washer MAH4000AWW

Started by Sue

Replies: 8
Views: 7322
Last post February 09, 2013, 07:41:01 AM
by def
Maytag Neptune MAH4000AWW - No Spin.

Started by larry

Replies: 39
Views: 58901
Last post February 21, 2011, 01:22:14 PM
by bwhelan
Video: Old Maytag Gas Washer

Started by AJ

Replies: 2
Views: 3534
Last post September 04, 2007, 10:34:57 PM
by AJ
Maytag Washer Bearing Repalcement MLG2000AWW

Started by davidpgh1

Replies: 8
Views: 9675
Last post January 06, 2008, 01:59:10 PM
by inot66
Maytag LAT8704AAE Washer Leak

Started by endresrk

Replies: 3
Views: 5182
Last post August 28, 2007, 08:11:12 PM
by AJ
How to replace a Maytag - Amana washer water pump and belt.

Started by AJ

Replies: 18
Views: 28279
Last post April 19, 2010, 08:23:29 PM
by JWWebster