Author Topic: Money Matters: Energy Star Rebate Program Update  (Read 912 times)

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair Help
Money Matters: Energy Star Rebate Program Update
« on: October 30, 2009, 10:05:28 PM »
If you're counting on that stimulus money rebate program for appliances before you get a new refrigerator or washing machine, you may be wondering what's taking so long.  We have an update on what's happening with South Dakota's $772,000 share designed to give consumer rebates on Energy Star appliances.

Sommer Anstine is remodeling her home and in the market for all new appliances.

"We're trying to stay in the $2,500 to $3,000 rage," Sommer Anstine said.

Anstine likes the idea of getting money back on any of those Energy Star appliances.

"Definitely, if you can get a little better deal and save some energy at the same time, that's a great deal," Anstine said.

The state submitted its rebate plan to the Department of Energy this month and now must wait up to 60 days for approval. That means it's going to be awhile before consumers can cash in on the rebates.

"Best guesstimate, and that's exactly what it is: a guesstimate, is probably after the first of the year. How it comes out, what form it comes out, whether consumers mail in the rebate or whether it's dealer assisted rebate, all those details haven't been made public," Tom Johnson of Karl's said.

The state rebate program is not the only one coming down the pike. Several other programs are in place. For example, the city is giving $125.00 rebates for front load washers if you live in Sioux Falls.

"There are several: Whirlpool, GE, KitchenAide, Frigidaire offering rebates and manufacturers are bringing out another rebate program November 4," Johnson said.

The chance to cash in on multiple rebates, including one from the state is enough to make Anstine hold off on making her appliance purchases.

"We can wait a little bit.  So if it's a month or so, we can wait in order to get the rebates. It definitely will be worth it," Anstine said.

The state says itís premature to release any details on its rebate plan until it's approved by the Department of Energy.

http://www.keloland.com/NewsDetail6162.cfm?Id=92017

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: Money Matters: Energy Star Rebate Program Update
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 10:17:25 PM »
I would love to see what their short list is. Can the people that buy the things afford the friggin misery of these new fangled pc boards? I don't know about yall but I do not need a global positioning sattllite or a frigging equity loan to fix my excrementalness. That's just me.
I do not personally give a shiite if it is energy star rated, if I gotta talk ta people in indoneshia ta git cheater codes to make dat puppy purr  :tickedoff: not  :rofl: I can make some of them folk cry naw yep naw yep ::) :ignore: :oops: :please: >:D :wave: :cheers:
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 10:31:07 PM by JWWebster »
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Whirlpool Corporation Receives 10th ENERGY STAR(R) Award

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 966
Last post March 03, 2009, 12:06:12 PM
by AJ
Make some money - Allow users to reward you for your posts.

Started by AJ

Replies: 2
Views: 5275
Last post February 08, 2011, 04:01:02 PM
by JWWebster
Make money online at ApplianceJunk.com

Started by AJ

Views: 2117
Last post December 08, 2007, 10:39:20 AM
by AJ
Major Home Appliance Repair Program

Started by Icehouse

Replies: 7
Views: 2597
Last post March 28, 2011, 06:40:22 PM
by AJ
How long before Whirlpool ask for bailout money?

Started by apptech

Views: 979
Last post February 19, 2009, 09:47:43 PM
by apptech
Appliance Rebate Details Being Worked Out

Started by AJ

Views: 769
Last post October 30, 2009, 10:03:20 PM
by AJ