Author Topic: Phantom Appliance - GE Dishwasher  (Read 1993 times)

Offline Trav

• VIP Member
Phantom Appliance - GE Dishwasher
« on: May 30, 2009, 04:39:35 AM »
Hi AJ,

I posted a problem yesterday with a GE Profile Dishwasher (see below) that was leaking out of the middle under-carriage and I seem to have pinpointed the leak.  The problem now is that my dishwasher doesn't seem to exist in the parts databases.

The dishwsher in question was bought in Los Angeles 5 years ago and is 220-240v for use overseas and maybe that is why I can't get anywhere with locating it.  I think I have even stumped the GE parts folks because they won't get back to me at all.  I am hoping you guys can assist me with a sister model so I can order the correct part.  I don't even know what you call this part (assembly).

At any rate, I have attached photos of the part(s) I need that is leaking and model number.  I sincerely appreciate any help you can offer up.

Cheers,  T

Hi guys,

I have a GE profile dishwasher that started leaking during the pressure wash stage from underneath.  I took off the kick plate and the plastic panel on the bottom to see where it is leaking from and it is coming from the very middle of the cabinet under where the rotor arm and drain basin is.  

The exact location of the leak is hard to tell because it is above the water pump (to the front of the motor) where the pump attaches to the round plastic tub.  It is not coming from either of the the two large hoses or the clamps which makes me think it is a main seal or gasket.  In front of the pump there is a small black plastic module with wires attached that one of the hoses is hooked into and that is attached to the plastic tub.

Where this black plastic module is attached to the tub is where the leak is coming from as far as I can tell.

Any ideas? I have heard that the pump motor assemblies are crap on GE dishwashers but I am not sure this is the problem.  I appreciate any help.

T

Model GSH7200WESS

Offline RegUS_PatOff

• Technician
Re: Phantom Appliance - GE Dishwasher
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 10:30:41 AM »
I couldn't find much ...

Is that a Drain Valve ?

for reference from

Gandhi Appliances
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 09:06:07 PM by RegUS_PatOff »
After leaving this Earth, "Do you want the smoking or non-smoking section?"

Offline Trav

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 02:16:27 AM »
Hi RegUS,

That model on Gandhi Appliances is the same one as mine - thanks for the reply and link. Funny that they are still selling it - and for over $800 no less.

I have given up on trying to fix mine using replacement parts.  I had to fiberglass the two parts together to stop the leak and will shortly PVC pipe cement the drain valve onto the chassis to stop the new leak that sprung from there.  What a piece of crap.

Needless to say, I cannot get spare part information and assistance from any source.  GE parts can't help me because the model doesn't exist in their database, so they told me to contact GE Europe and GE UK.  Neither of those parties can help me either - with GE UK only dealing with side by side fridges and GE Europe completely clueless and uncooperative.

If there is anyone out there thinking of buying GE 220v appliances to use overseas (e.g. military, contractors, embassy personnel, etc), take it from my experience and go with Whirlpool.  At least you can get parts for their appliances.  GE is ridiculous.  How can a company build something that doesn't show up on their own system?

T

Offline RegUS_PatOff

• Technician
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 03:11:19 AM by RegUS_PatOff »
After leaving this Earth, "Do you want the smoking or non-smoking section?"

Offline Trav

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 05:03:21 AM »
Hi RegUS_PatOff,

Thanks for the links.  Looks like you did your homework on this model.  Just to keep you in the loop, I finally got in touch with a French spare parts company who can provide parts for this model.  They told me the parts come from GIAS service which is the Candy/Hoover group.  I believe this model is made under license by GE for the brand called Candy because it seems they have the exact same model number in their dishwasher line.  I guess that is the reason the dishwasher doesn't show up in the GE parts database.  Still, I can't understand why there is a GE logo on the dishwasher, it is sold in the States, and there is no record of it at GE.  Even the parts listing shows GE on it (see attached).  My broken part is called a half fill valve #495.

Whirlpool Dishwasher GU1200XTLQ1 Dead, clean light blinks.

Started by barb

Replies: 2
Views: 6433
Last post August 11, 2007, 08:05:47 AM
by barb
Whirlpool dishwasher manual

Started by naes

Replies: 15
Views: 17105
Last post August 06, 2007, 05:26:57 PM
by AJ
Video: Whirlpool Dishwasher - Check for foreign objects in food chopper.

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 20052
Last post August 08, 2007, 12:43:21 PM
by AJ
Whirlpool Dishwasher Model GU940SCGB3 Door Leak

Started by JimKaran

Replies: 10
Views: 12106
Last post September 13, 2007, 11:39:39 AM
by AJ
Dead whirlpool dishwasher