Author Topic: Proper method to remove built-in double oven in order to access back?  (Read 6521 times)

Offline ratdog

• VIP Member
Hi folks,

I appreciate any advice you can provide about this...

I have a built-in GE double oven which I need to pull out so I can access the wires attached to the heater elements.  I am aware that the oven doors can be pulled off, and only 8 screws need to be removed.  The shipping weight according to GE is 260 lbs.

What I would like to know is what would be the proper method of pulling the oven out?  I'm not sure what the weight would be without doors, but certainly still pretty hefty.  It looks like the oven would sort of slide forward (and maybe I could place a pallet in front to receive it).  How many guys would be needed to handle this job, and do installers use any type of jack?

Thanks,
Richard

Model JTP45W0A1WW

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
If you have a bad element you need only to remove screws from the old element and ease the element out far enough to install the new one of which you would have handy when you get ready to replace it.

Bake Element Part # WB44T10005

May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline ratdog

• VIP Member
Thanks, but that is not what I am looking to find out.  Pulling out the elements is how I found out I need to access the back.  As I understand it that is the only way to reach the wires on GE ovens.

KAC-49 KitchenAid 27" AND 30" Electric Built-In Double Oven Service Repair Manual

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 2131
Last post August 18, 2009, 12:35:29 PM
by AJ
KR-30 Whirlpool Electric Built-In Double Oven Service Manual

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 1925
Last post August 18, 2009, 03:34:21 PM
by AJ
amana built in double oven

Started by oscar333

Replies: 2
Views: 1996
Last post November 11, 2009, 10:44:40 PM
by oscar333
Whirlpool Built-In Double Ovens Kitchenaid Built-In Double Oven F5 E1 Error Code

Started by fixyourboard

Replies: 1
Views: 4062
Last post February 05, 2011, 11:46:54 AM
by krazytech
GE Built in Double Oven F7

Started by rego

Replies: 5
Views: 2274
Last post October 25, 2011, 04:13:12 AM
by rego
Thermador built in double oven