Author Topic: Urgent-Need Help  (Read 1308 times)

Offline al10

• VIP Member
Urgent-Need Help
« on: May 09, 2009, 01:35:17 PM »
This is a Whirlpool Twin Thin.  It first stopped normal agitation, but would still fast agitate.  Then it stopped spinning and draining.  Was able to trip the lid switch once with a tool.  Emailed an on-line free service for advice (not this one) and after the person gave the wrong instructions for getting the top off the washer, would not give further instructions for repairing the lid switch enough to get the washer to drain.  The washer has not been able to drain for awhile and a service person cannot be afforded at this time.  Figured out how to get the top off the washer, can someone assist with the lid switch, please?  The washer needs to be drained.  Thank you.

Model Number: LT5000XVW0 icon

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: Urgent-Need Help
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 02:36:11 PM »
Take the 2 phillips screws out the switch and fish it out from under there where you can tape up the 2 gray wires. The green wire is ground, don't mess with it. With the other 2 wires joined together you can get by till you gits a service tech out there. If the lid stays closed in operation it should be safe enuff till you can do better.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 02:41:51 PM by JWWebster »
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline al10

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 04:16:28 PM »
Thank you so much for your reply!  Every time the top is lifted clips are falling, so your solution is greatly appreciated, have needed reliable help and you are the best!  Another question, there are three wires, the green one you said not to bother, it was only moved in order to raise the top.  There is a gray one and a brown one, are those to be taped together?  If the part where the lid is supposed to strike is broken off, will this still work, and is this to just drain and spin the washer, or can one use the washer until parts and a tech can be afforded?  Also, why won't the washer agitate normally?  Thanks again. 

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 10:38:05 PM »
The green wire is ground the other 2 wires will get her going or you can mechanically wiggle the switch to make it work and ducktape it in the on position or you could unplug the quick connect and put a jumper in there. OR ya could just buy a new switch or strike. :D
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline al10

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 11:49:54 PM »
Hello,
  I must be missing something because it is not working yet, I am unfamiliar with washer repair, unfortunately.  Your help is greatly appreciated.  Would there be any how to step-by-step or photos of what needs to be done?  Cannot afford repair service at this time.  Thanks again.

Urgent washer question

Started by al10

Replies: 14
Views: 3573
Last post May 31, 2009, 07:58:26 PM
by al10