Author Topic: Check the ribbon connector cable FIRST!  (Read 2148 times)

Offline bobbyparagon

• VIP Member
Check the ribbon connector cable FIRST!
« on: May 06, 2009, 08:21:53 PM »
Here's a lessons learned.  I was ready to purchased an electronic PC board for three year old Kenmore Dishwasher 665 series.  It similar to many KitchenAid, Whirlpool, etc. units as well.  I ran into the "classic" blinking light that you've undoubtedly read about on DIY help sites.  I read some comments upon further reading that it appeared that the touch pad or connector could explain the same behavior.  I pulled the PC board looked it over, the connectors, etc. and everything looked pristine.  Replaced the unit and reassembled it and found that the blinking lights had changed and I could even get the pump running in some crazy way.  I then assumed that it could very well be the connectors.  With this low voltage stuff .. it doesn't take much crud,corrosion, etc. to prevent a connection.  I cleaned the pins with iso alcohol, a fine, but stiff nylor brush, exercised the ribbon cable connection with angled nosed precision plyers and what do you know.  EVERYTHING is working perfectly.

As a side bar ... I found a used PC board for the unit on ebay for $4o.  Of course, I don't need it now but I wonder if I shouldn't buy it; the part number is 9744031. They're no longer made but a replacement you can buy NEW is 8530929. I'm keeping my eyes open for a touch pad for this general model on eBay as well, just in case.

Offline Al Capone

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • ApplianceJunk.com
Re: Check the ribbon connector cable FIRST!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 10:19:14 AM »
Hi bobbyparagon,

Could you post the full model number of your dishwasher?

You can find the full model number on the model/serial number tag located on the dishwasher.
I believe you can find the tag on the inside of the door. It will start with 665 and end with eight digits.

Thanks,
RepairClinic.com - Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy!

AppliancePartsPros.com - Over 1 Million Appliance Parts In-Stock. 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy!

Video: Whirlpool Dishwasher - Check for foreign objects in food chopper.

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 20408
Last post August 08, 2007, 12:43:21 PM
by AJ
How to check for continuity

Started by qman

Replies: 1
Views: 1154
Last post January 01, 2009, 01:28:58 PM
by qman
Where do the check balls go? Whirlpool DU930PWSS Dishwasher