Author Topic: whirlpool washer, drum spins, but agitator agitates during spin cycle!  (Read 4818 times)

Offline larry39

• VIP Member
to be put simply, during the spin cycle, the drum spins, but the agitator agitates as if it is still washing at the same time, but no water, just spinning and agitating at the same time.  this makes it very difficult to dry the clothes.  i can get the model # later, just found this site, hope you guys can help.  it is a Kenmore Whirlpool washer bout 15 or so yrs old, it has been running great up til this time.  i have changes the dawgs so the dawgs are good.  again please help.

Model Number: LSR7233EQ0 icon
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 11:49:55 AM by Al Capone »

Offline Al Capone

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • ApplianceJunk.com
Hello larry39,

Could you post the model number for us?

Thanks,
RepairClinic.com - Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy!

AppliancePartsPros.com - Over 1 Million Appliance Parts In-Stock. 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy!

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
This is an easy fix. Replace the tranny. It is bad. Replacing it is very simple. You simply remove the agitator and then after you get the motor out yer way, you remove the 3 bolts on the bottom. The tranny slides right out. Sounds difficult but it ain't.
Mr AJ has a pdf on how to change the coupling and it helps you to understand what is involved in the process. if you are down to the coupling you is right there at the tranny removal stage.
http://appliancejunk.com/motorcoupler.pdf
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline larry39

• VIP Member
will post the model number asap, prolly on monday the 4th....thanks for the help so far guys...hope it is not an expensive or difficult job to do...

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
It is not difficult and if you had an appliance boneyard near you, you could probably get a used tranny for $40.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline larry39

• VIP Member
hey guys here is the model #, sorry didnt have it handy the first time...LSR7233EQ0.  whirlpool super capicity plus

Offline Al Capone

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • ApplianceJunk.com
I updated the topic to include the model number information, thanks.
RepairClinic.com - Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy!

AppliancePartsPros.com - Over 1 Million Appliance Parts In-Stock. 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy!

Whirlpool Washer agitates and spins when it wants to!

Started by tidebatt1

Replies: 48
Views: 18881
Last post March 28, 2008, 02:21:52 PM
by JWWebster
Amana washer agitator rattles during spin cycle

Started by suec

Replies: 7
Views: 6853
Last post July 15, 2008, 08:43:36 AM
by JWWebster
Kitchenaid Washer Agitator Stuck during the Spin Cycle

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 1
Views: 3163
Last post July 03, 2008, 10:30:35 AM
by JWWebster
Whirlpool Washer Agitates, but no Spin

Started by Chevy96d

Replies: 3
Views: 4567
Last post November 02, 2008, 01:12:22 PM
by Repair-man
Kenmore washer agitator spins when washer is in spin mode w/awful clunking sound

Started by snowell

Replies: 6
Views: 7415
Last post November 20, 2008, 02:30:13 AM
by snowell
Whirlpool washer - will not fill after spin cycle, starts agitating without wate

Started by tomaszkr

Replies: 7
Views: 4458
Last post January 18, 2009, 06:01:17 PM
by JWWebster