Forum > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

G.E. REFRIGERATOR NOT DEFROSTING

(1/2) > >>

jbond504:
 :)I HAVE A  G. E. REFRIGERATOR,NOT DEFROSTING,I CHECKED HEAT ELEMENT,AND DEFROST THERMOSTAT, THEY CHECKED OUT FINE THERES A CIRCUITBOARD ON DA BACK ,CAN U HELP ME OUT

JWWebster:
If it was me I would find the thermister/sensor and think about replacing or cleaning it first. It might be the board but sensors are way cheaper. Based on what I have read about it the sensor/thermistor looks for changes in resistance as frost forms in the freezer,also the board counts the number of times the icebox doors have been opened. If the count is right and the capacitance change is read from the sensor then the board busts a move and decides a defrost is in order.
Just a guess.

jbond504:

--- Quote from: jbond504 on April 18, 2009, 11:03:04 AM --- :)I HAVE A  G. E. REFRIGERATOR,NOT DEFROSTING,I CHECKED HEAT ELEMENT,AND DEFROST THERMOSTAT, THEY CHECKED OUT FINE THERES A CIRCUITBOARD ON DA BACK ,CAN U HELP ME OUT

--- End quote ---
before i read tthis response ,i had took the freezer back panel off ,and seen a device that was unusual looking sitting on the evaporator coil ,i had noticed that watever it was it was not strapped properly to the evaporator ,so i tightened it up against the coil,n left the back panel off for  about 2 days ,n u know wat ,u r 150% right it was the thermistor, i guess it wasnt sensing the correct temp. at the coil, thanks for the information even though i hAD FINALLY realized it myself

AJ:
Hi jbond504,

Glad to hear you got it repaired, thanks for the update.  O0

Could you post the model number of your refrigerator?

JWWebster:
Bada ding bada boom. Now dats whut i am talkin bout my nizzle. I am loving that. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version