Author Topic: Price Pfister kitchen faucet  (Read 4437 times)

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Price Pfister kitchen faucet
« on: April 03, 2009, 09:00:16 AM »
My mom's kitchen faucet has a leak where the spicket meets the sink and it runs out into the sink. Is there a cartridge in this one or just O rings and little round washers? This one has a single lever to control hot and cold. I want some opinions before I get started. I ain't worth a dayum at plumbing. Faucets aggrevate the hell outta me. A 350 pound old man oughta not have to bend ova backwards under a dang sink. These brain dead son-in-laws I have ain't got a clue neither. One thang is fer sure. We ain't got plumber money. I need Richard from this old house.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 09:04:56 AM by JWWebster »
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline Repair-man

• Technician
  • The Virtual Repairman
    • The Virtual Repairmans Appliance Help
Re: Price Pfister kitchen faucet
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 04:52:33 PM »
Nah, you just need  Jimbo, from thisoldappliance (dot com) :)

There's a repair kit for this which includes  2 new valve seats and 2 new springs for the seats, plus two o-rings for the faucet arm shaft. It also includes a new diverter valve in case it has the sprayer. Most Tru Value or Ace Hdw carry them.

There's a small Allen screw under the handle to get you started. Once the handle is off, use your channellocks to unscrew the cap to reveal the ball and seats. The faucet arm will lift off at this point and you can replace the o-rings and diverter valve at that time. Use clear silicone lubricant (paste) when  re-installing.

You don't even have to bend yore big self over...it's all done from the countertop (send the brat under the sink to shut off the water)

Here's a good link to see some PP parts:
https://www.mitchellsplumbing.com/store/index.php?manufacturers_id=15
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 07:17:06 AM by Repair-man »
"It's only expensive if someone else fixes it for you" -
The Virtual Repairman   www.repair2000.com

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 09:10:41 AM »
RM I have taken the handle off mom's price pfister kitchen sink.Their is a plastic ball that looks like it screws out. What do I do ? Try and unscrew it? Is this the only thing I need to replace?
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline Repair-man

• Technician
  • The Virtual Repairman
    • The Virtual Repairmans Appliance Help
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 11:33:59 AM »
JW, under that plastic ball will be 2 black seats with tiny springs under them. This is all part of the repair kit for that type of faucet. I suggest you take the innards to ACE or a plumbing store for comparison.
"It's only expensive if someone else fixes it for you" -
The Virtual Repairman   www.repair2000.com

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 05:23:42 PM »
Well I fixed my moms sink. Both the kitchen and the bathroom sinks I fixed. Parts costed 50 bucks. The kitchen faucet has a plastic nut you remove, and under it is a cartridge. The nut was I mean hard as hell to come off. A new nut and cartridge was 33 bucks. The bathroom had a kit with 2 cartridges 16 bucks. I asked the guy down at faucet parts of America how much a plumber would charge to fix this stuff and he said $75 an hour plus parts. I might just have been in the wrong profession.Hell i knew plumbers made good money but Dayum it boy! :D :2funny: :tickedoff:
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 05:27:52 PM by JWWebster »
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Moen kitchen faucet

Started by JWWebster

Replies: 11
Views: 6170
Last post August 01, 2009, 12:18:14 AM
by chiknstik
Kitchen appliance recommendations

Started by maypo52

Replies: 9
Views: 6351
Last post January 31, 2014, 10:13:00 PM
by afterblast
New Kitchen Appliances

Started by Zidane

Replies: 5
Views: 2211
Last post December 02, 2008, 08:12:35 AM
by Zidane
Need a Christmas Idea for A Kitchen Repairman.

Started by Monkeymom

Replies: 2
Views: 1567
Last post December 11, 2008, 01:45:58 PM
by whirlpooltech
Whirlpool Parts - Best Price!

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 2076
Last post January 29, 2009, 11:52:06 PM
by AJ
Maytag Parts - Best Price