Author Topic: maytag washer  (Read 1271 times)

Offline madbchron

• VIP Member
maytag washer
« on: April 14, 2009, 10:53:54 AM »
i had two broken suspension springs and ordered them from your site i installed them the 3 springs that hook to the tub support with the special clip seem to be under some compression the three that connect to the top hole in the tub brace seem to be somewhat loose when i ran the washer i could heare some clicking of the springs which were lubritated during the wash part of the cycle .during the first spin the loas was unballanced and the drum was banging hard against the front of the machine i shut it dawn and redistributed the laod and it was ok but istill heard clicking of the springs and some shaking during the high speed spin this problem continues during every opperation so you canot leave the machine unattended  i sent 4 emails to customer service with no responce today i went to the chatt  and the attendent said she would send me new springs i asked that they send them from a different whse so they would not be from the same lot. do you have any suggestion before i disassemble the machine and i install the new springs. additionallly when i installed the springs with the spring removal tool that i purchased with the springs the three to the tub support were somewhat difficult to attach  the other were somwhat easy and with the drum centered the springs appeared not to have any compression i could move the spring sideways in the base hole were it is attached thank you in advance madbchron

Model mav7600aww

Offline Repair-man

• Technician
  • The Virtual Repairman
    • The Virtual Repairmans Appliance Help
Re: maytag washer
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 12:02:05 PM »
My feeling is that this is  not a spring-related issue, even though you broke a couple. For the tub to get that far off balance indicates a worn snubber ring under the  brake assy, or oil leaking from the lower lip seal and getting on the area. Replacing the snubber ring requires another, more expensive tool to remove the brake assy.
"It's only expensive if someone else fixes it for you" -
The Virtual Repairman   www.repair2000.com

Maytag Neptune washer MAH4000AWW

Started by Sue

Replies: 8
Views: 8491
Last post February 09, 2013, 07:41:01 AM
by def
Video: Old Maytag Gas Washer

Started by AJ

Replies: 2
Views: 3962
Last post September 04, 2007, 10:34:57 PM
by AJ
Maytag Washer Bearing Repalcement MLG2000AWW

Started by davidpgh1

Replies: 8
Views: 10427
Last post January 06, 2008, 01:59:10 PM
by inot66
Maytag LAT8704AAE Washer Leak

Started by endresrk

Replies: 3
Views: 5617
Last post August 28, 2007, 08:11:12 PM
by AJ
How to replace a Maytag - Amana washer water pump and belt.

Started by AJ

Replies: 18
Views: 29965
Last post April 19, 2010, 08:23:29 PM
by JWWebster
How old is my Maytag washer?

Started by jon

Replies: 1
Views: 18114
Last post September 03, 2007, 12:42:08 PM
by AJ