Author Topic: My Kenmore dryer does not blow any air in either Air or Heat settings!  (Read 11542 times)

Offline frabizad

• VIP Member
I took the fuse off. How could I test it to see if it is good or bad?

What should I do about blower wheel suggestion that mine might be worn and therefore it won't blow air!

Please help as to how I should proceed next.

Thx!

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Does your drum turn ok?
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline frabizad

• VIP Member
Yes, the drum turns ok.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
Well you probably have a bad motor. If the drum was hard to turn then replacing the wheels and Idler might make it run right , but since it has no problems like that then the motor is toast. The bearing is worn out and is allowing the rotor to pole out or bind against the stator.
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline frabizad

• VIP Member
So you think it is a bad motor that causing no air to blow?? So what was the deal with the fuse that you mentioned?

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
If the fuse is bad the motor won't even try to run, it is tied into the door switch circuit. If it is blown it is like you have opened the door.
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline whirlpooltech

• Technician
  • 20 years of experience
The blower wheel that I see does not look like the picture you sent me. It looks like a car wheel (spoke) that has a belt on it that goes around the drum and the other end of it is on the drive shaft of the motor!
Am I looking at the right thing??

No, you are not looking at the right thing.

Repair-man posted a photo of the back of the dryer that points it all out.
He also posted a link to a manual that if you download it and read it will tell you were the blower is.

You need to get your hands on the blower and check it out.

Offline Repair-man

• Technician
  • The Virtual Repairman
    • The Virtual Repairmans Appliance Help
When you need to  install the new one, you'll have to pull the front cover off and take out the drum.

Depends on who you want to listen to here...so far you have not paid me any attention when I told you what would be needed.  Tell you what, since the sublime master has interceded, I'm going to sit back and let him walk you thru this. I'll bet he would even give you his phone number :)
"It's only expensive if someone else fixes it for you" -
The Virtual Repairman   www.repair2000.com

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
251-478-3141 no collect calls pwease. Let me know your number before you call. I screen all my calls.
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline frabizad

• VIP Member
my number is 503-649-5784

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
Have you got any appliance parts places near you? You could take the fuse there and have them check it for you. I will be near the phone till I go to bed now. Sorry i was out while you called but I had to get a bath tub caulked and a boat pumped out. Or was that a ? Oh never mind :D
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 07:09:16 PM by JWWebster »
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
Here is the parts:
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline Earl Dryer

• Technician
The fuse kit in the above post does not have a thing to do with the blower,
it is the heater side limit switch & TOD.  UNPLUG the dryer!! Take the 2 wires off the white fuse on the blower housing and jumper them together, set the timer, close the dryer door, plug the dryer in and push the start button and watch it run. Unplug the dryer and replace the white fuse like
JW said to start with.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
Earl he called me earlier and the dryer runs but it does not heat. He removed a bunch of stuff from the dryer and basically I do not think it was heating the drum. On this particular dryer if you have a blockage then the dang limit will blow but the fuse will not. So I told him to get that kit and see what happens. English ain't his first language so I think he is doing quite well in the forum. He sounds chaldean or definitely semetic on the phone. Nice guy. Hope he gets that dryer going.
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline Earl Dryer

• Technician
Good job JW, thought there might be a little more to it. I looked at the issue from a DIY standpoint reading the post and getting confused. I like
checking out your post, I think you are pretty sharp character. Thanks for
the good stuff.

Kenmore Gas Dryer No Heat

Started by MajorApp

Replies: 10
Views: 6009
Last post April 22, 2008, 10:21:18 AM
by JWWebster
Kenmore 70 series electric dryer...wont heat

Started by lalakelley

Replies: 53
Views: 36199