Author Topic: Kenmore Refrigerator  (Read 8394 times)

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: Kenmore Refrigerator
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2008, 12:55:46 PM »
The next step would be to get an a-1 valve tap and check the low side pressure. It should be 5 psi. If it is in the negative area of the low side  then you need to slowly add a tiny bit in. That machine probably is an R-12 unit. R-12 is costly but a substitute can be bought called freeze 12. It is worth it to try and give it a shot of gas to see if it comes back to life. I bet its just a hair low of gas.The back of the compressor should give which gas it takes. If it is a R134a model then you simply add a small amount from a small can of R134a. Even if you didn't have any gages you could add 1/3rd of a 12 ounce can.NO MORE! You could hire a company to do it but I bet you want to try and fix it yourself and that is why you are in this forum. 134a does not require a special card to buy. A novice can get a can at the auto parts store for 10 bucks.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 01:12:57 PM by JWWebster »
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline sparky823

• VIP Member
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2008, 12:51:05 AM »
I have been using an old garage fridge till I could get time to go look at the new ones. Now I have been and looked and although it shouldn't be confusing, it is. I was going to get a Wpool but they still have to be cleaned(coils) from under the bottom like my old one and I HATE that job. I looked at some GE's which I like, also a Maytag and even a Frigidaire and was told these "all sell well and they don't have much problems out of them"?? I have been looking through different forums at fridge problems and there seems to be more GE troubles than any. I actually saw less Frigidaire(in fact way less) than GE. Hardly any LG's either but I am afraid I couldn't get service for those. Any input you have to help make up my mind would be appreciated. Is it better on the fridge that you have to clean those coils? I have noticed on the GE,Maytag and Frigidaire they all have the "No clean" coils that are sealed up. What is your thought s on this??

Thanks for your help.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2008, 09:08:21 AM »
sealed coils cannot be repaired. The ones I have came across are steel and rust internally and the leak can't be fixed. You end up having to get an old coil off of an older model and rigging it to the back. I would rather have the coils exposed underneith, pain that is may be.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

kenmore refrigerator model # 52552100 no ice

Started by davelita

Replies: 6
Views: 12417
Last post August 04, 2007, 03:24:08 PM
by AJ
Kenmore refrigerator - how remove ice/water dispenser front panel

Started by Marvster

Replies: 1
Views: 25631
Last post August 11, 2007, 08:06:07 PM