Author Topic: Crosley gas dryer  (Read 2243 times)

Offline BsA

• VIP Member
Crosley gas dryer
« on: March 20, 2009, 11:16:04 AM »
I'm having a little trouble trying to figure out how to get to the igniter on this model. Any ideas how to locate and test the igniter would be helpful, thank you.

Model CDG20T6W

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: Crosley gas dryer
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 11:34:46 AM »
You begin on newer models by pushing in on the spring clips on top to release the top OR you remove 2 screws at the base of the front and then pull the panel from the bottom towards you.Make sure their are not screws on bottom before attempting to remove the top clips.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: Crosley gas dryer
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 11:39:13 AM »
The heat is regulated with a Klixon mounted next to the blower housing near the vent pipe so it can judge the temperature of the air coming out of the drum. Right next to it is a melting type fuse. If the dryer runs and gets too hot the fuse will melt.But the dryer will still run. So if the fuse is good (continuity) and the dryer control (cycle) thermostat is also good then you should have power going to the gas valve assembly when the machine is running unless the timer is in the no heat or wrinkle free/cool down mode. When the gas valve assembly is energized the flame sensor mounted outside the burner chamber detects the heat from the ignitor. When the heat is very intense then the sensor shuts down the igniter
and that frees up the power so that the coils can be fully energised and open the gas gates. The gas comes out and hits the red hot igniter and you have ignition. It stays on for maybe 2 or 3 minutes or until the control thermostat is satisfied and shuts down power to the gas valve assembly. So...
 If your gas dryer has a good flame sensor and a good igniter AND the dryer will work some and quit, replace the gas operator coils. The coils get hot and quit on these machines when they get a little age on them. It is aggrevating because it is a hard to diagnose thing. But well worth the 20 bucks.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

LA-1008 Admiral, Crosley, Norge, and Magic Chef Dryer Rear Roller Kit

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 1930
Last post April 08, 2009, 01:38:13 PM
by AJ
304970 Whirlpool, Maytag, Frigidaire, Crosley, Admiral Gas Dryer Igniter

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 3864
Last post May 02, 2009, 09:09:00 AM
by AJ
CDE-CDG 22B6 Crosley Dryer

Started by garburg

Replies: 4
Views: 1318
Last post May 18, 2010, 06:28:59 PM
by JWWebster
crosley CDE6000W dryer trippin breaker

Started by 2211

Replies: 4
Views: 902
Last post August 07, 2012, 03:17:02 AM
by Wedgeman55
Kennore Dryer problems

Started by smckeown

Replies: 6
Views: 8910
Last post July 10, 2007, 09:31:02 AM
by smckeown
LDG7304 Maytag Dryer - making a lot of noise.

Started by robert

Replies: 5
Views: 7703
Last post February 20, 2011, 07:33:06 PM
by jumptrout51