Author Topic: Soap Dispenser question??  (Read 2320 times)

Offline jrudyjr

• VIP Member
Soap Dispenser question??
« on: March 14, 2009, 06:37:20 PM »
My wife says that the soap/bleach/softener dispenser is full of water after our LG WM2277 washer is done. Is this normal? I have taken it apart and looked it over and it is clean. I do not see how it could not fill with water if that is what washes out the soap etc,, She claims it has just started to do this and that I don't know what I am talking about. Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Repair-man

• Technician
  • The Virtual Repairman
    • The Virtual Repairmans Appliance Help
Re: Soap Dispenser question??
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 06:51:21 AM »
He-he, they always claim we "don't know what we're talking about"...that's why we marry 'em, right?

I'd try removing the  water inlet hoses from the wall and where the connect to the washer, as sediment can accumulate over time in the ends of the lines. If the hoses were installed correctly, there should be a couple of filter screens in one end to protect the water valve from sediment. These can be popped out and washed. In the back of the washer are 2 more screens  which are a last defense for the water valve in case no one put  screens in the hoses. These  screens in the valve can be cleaned using your wife's favorite turkey baster to suck out any visible sediment. Do not attempt to remove these screens (trust me).

Since water flow is crucial to the operation of the dispensers on these machines, any decrease in pressure, such as that from a clogged hose, can affect dispenser operation.  Give it a  try, you  might score tonite :)
"It's only expensive if someone else fixes it for you" -
The Virtual Repairman   www.repair2000.com

Offline jrudyjr

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 07:30:34 AM »
She told me last night that I had fixed this "problem" once before. She said I had made the washer tilt back more. The more I thought about what she was telling me was that I had checked and adjusted the leveling of the washer and at the same time I cleaned the filter and screens. I suspect you are exactly right as we are on well water and I have "fixed this problem before" News to me, Thanks, Jim

Offline RegUS_PatOff

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 08:26:57 AM »
Our LG started doing that a while back (city water), and we just leave it.

It's all supposed to syphon out when the level reaches the tube near the brim....

It hasn't caused any problems nor mold.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 06:59:49 PM by RegUS_PatOff »
After leaving this Earth, "Do you want the smoking or non-smoking section?"

Offline jrudyjr

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 03:04:11 PM »
Repair-man, You were correct the cold water side was pretty full of sediment. My valves have a screen that pulls straight out by a tab in the center and another sreen behind that . I pulled out the first screens and cleaned them out and flushed out any debirs on the second screen with a trigger spayer. Machine works perfectly no trace of water in the dispenser after running.
 My wife said that when this starts happening she notices mold start to form in the top of the dispenser area in a couple of days. If the dispenser works properly she never has a problem with it. Thank you for your help, Jim

LG wm 2277 Soap Dispenser problem

Started by jrudyjr

Replies: 9
Views: 7892
Last post April 15, 2011, 01:34:29 PM
by jrudyjr
fabric softener dispenser

Started by chev87#2

Replies: 1
Views: 2585
Last post December 25, 2007, 10:50:05 PM
by BrntToast