Author Topic: Overflow  (Read 1805 times)

Offline Hilbe

• VIP Member
Overflow
« on: February 25, 2009, 11:29:55 AM »
So today my FAV6800AWW overflowed with water again.  First time I had the repair man out he said it was due to the waste hose being too far down the pipe near my hot/cold hoses causing a syphon.  I fixed this and it went 2 weeks fine before overflowing again.

Any suggestions?

Offline Hilbe

• VIP Member
Re: Overflow
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 06:06:29 PM »
I just ran a load of whites and babysat it.  At one point it threw a "dc" error and unlocked the lid.  The odd thing was the water kept running!  I think that may be my cause for overflowing is that it keeps letting the water run regardless of the cycle or status.  Any ideas what part(s) I may need?

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 06:43:31 PM »
No parts needed. Remove the tub to pressure switch hose and blow the trash out of it. Pump out the water and restart.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline Hilbe

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 06:49:38 PM »
No parts needed. Remove the tub to pressure switch hose and blow the trash out of it. Pump out the water and restart.

Would that cause the water to keep running even when I lift the lid?  I know this washer is junk, so its not out of the question.

Offline Repair-man

• Technician
  • The Virtual Repairman
    • The Virtual Repairmans Appliance Help
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 04:32:21 AM »
The water valve has failed internally, a common problem with every brand of washer out there. The correct valve for your model is shown below, and you may click to order.

The  dc code may not show up after the valve is replaced,  since it indicates a clutch issue while the machine was trying to spin. Likely this had to do with the excess water load in the tub. Despite the fact that this machine is a study in "planned obsolescence", you can't beat a $37 repair :)

« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 04:34:26 AM by Repair-man »
"It's only expensive if someone else fixes it for you" -
The Virtual Repairman   www.repair2000.com

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 10:13:22 AM »
RM is right If you unplug the machine and water keeps a coming out you have a failed water valve.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

WCXR1070TAWW- GE washer continues to overflow

Started by natalieharris

Replies: 4
Views: 5326
Last post January 20, 2009, 12:24:49 AM
by JWWebster
GE washer continues to overflow

Started by tag1231

Replies: 3
Views: 1793
Last post June 05, 2011, 05:14:13 PM