The dryer ran all night on auto dry. The timer was stuck on the cool down part of the cycle. The next load was put in and the dryer wouldn't start. The thermostats and heater all checked ok. What I found was the black wire coming out of the terminal block burned off. I patched up the lead and the dryer works fine now. There were 253 volts at the outlet. The incoming power at the terminal block was 243 volts with the heater on and 253 volts with the heater off. My questions are: Is this normal? What are the voltage tolerances? What causes a main power wire to burn? (the terminal was not loose). Could there be an underlying problem that will make this happen again?