Author Topic: Maytag MAH4000 does not go into Rinse-Cycle Intermittent-Issue  (Read 5364 times)

Offline granaudio

• VIP Member
Hi all,
newbie... do it yourselfer here,
we bought a used mah4000 & matching dryer about 2 years back & had no problems with washer til now,
recently & intermittently...when  it get`s to the 1st rinse-cycle the washer stops working & all panel lights go out & I have to mover timer to get it to end of stop-cycle(one time at this point the clothes were somewhat dry, another time they were wet)
I have already checked to see if it has the new plunger & board & both parts were replaced sometime before we got the set(re-checked new board & no burnt spots),
can anyone tell me what would cause it to stop at rinse cycle? & what to look for
when troubleshooting?
I also here a squeak when it slowly spins during wash-cycle at times from the back area & assume it`s the bearing going out??(I tried squirting a little lubricant on bearing area but does not seem to have quited the squeak).

Like right now I just did a load of clothes to test it & it completed it`s cycle including the last-spin, but the other day when my wife washed clothes it stopped working at the 1st rinse-cycle???
Thank`s in advance!

Offline Mr. Fix-It

• Technician
Re: Maytag MAH4000 does not go into Rinse-Cycle Intermittent-Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 02:32:59 PM »
Usually when a washer doesn't advance past the rinse cycle it is due to a clogged or faulty water valve. To test this set the machine to wash and turn it on then move the temperture select switch to cold/cold you probably won't get any water coming into the machine. If you switch it to warm/cold or hot/cold you will probably get hot water to go into the machine notice that all the rinse cycles are cold water only and this is where the problem usually lies. Remove the hose off the cold water valve inspect the screen inside the valve sometimes they just need to be removed and cleaned if not you probably need to replace the water valve. As for the squeek if it is the bearing there really isn't much you can do as it is a sealed bearing. If it still works and you can live with it you may as well because this is a costly and time consuming repair.

Water Inlet Valve Part # 22002795

Offline granaudio

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 03:03:15 PM »
Thank`s Mr. Fix-it!!
that makes sense...the 1st time I had problems I disconnected water-line to check hose for obstruction..there was some particles of dirt or something but otherwise it seemed ok,
I`ll check hot/cold cycles as you mention & also look into water-valve replacement,

yeah I did a little research here on replacing the squeaky-bearing a couple months back but it seems costly & a pain to do...plus probably not worth it since washer is about 10yrs old now.
I just did 2 more loads  & it cycled as should... aside from the occassional squeak.
Really appreciate the info!!

Offline Repair-man

• Technician
  • The Virtual Repairman
    • The Virtual Repairmans Appliance Help
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 04:32:06 PM »
The squeak is not from the bearing. Buy a 12001788 belt kit and solve the problem.

Part # 12001788 Kit, Belt & Isolator
"It's only expensive if someone else fixes it for you" -
The Virtual Repairman   www.repair2000.com

Offline granaudio

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 10:36:19 PM »
Update:
repair-man; recently bought a new belt & replaced old one...solved the problem with the squeaky noises I was hearing,
10 yr old neptune which  so far seems to be holding strong... aside from the belt & factory-recall board replacement.
Thank`s to you & all who make this a great & valuable site!  O0

Maytag Neptune Stack Leaks from door during rinse cycle

Started by Jaytag

Replies: 10
Views: 4322
Last post March 30, 2011, 09:54:11 AM
by AJ
Maytag washer- RINSE/SPIN CYCLE FAILURE

Started by bizrapspin

Replies: 10
Views: 4857
Last post November 16, 2010, 01:05:42 PM
by ryan111
Maytag Atlantis stopped during rinse cycle, now completely dead

Started by DrPop

Replies: 6
Views: 1644
Last post March 29, 2013, 04:07:17 PM
by fairbank56
Maytag Centennial TL won't Fill during Wash/Rinse Cycle (MVWC6ESWW1)

Started by rockinrobin

Replies: 2
Views: 1396
Last post April 25, 2013, 09:06:50 PM
by AJ
Older Maytag Commercial Coin-op Stopping at Rinse Cycle.

Started by leonleoj

Replies: 4
Views: 724
Last post July 06, 2013, 02:40:29 PM
by theoldstoveguy
Maytag atlantis intermittently halts prior to rinse cycle

Started by jdub39

Replies: 2
Views: 194
Last post May 21, 2014, 10:47:12 PM
by romanowski72