Finally, I received my parts! Those darn holidays sure do throw the parcel services off! I drained the oil out of the gearcase first so as not to bore, and found the oil drain pan to be a nice platform for the gearcase. My son shot the vid, so it's a little shaky but he's 11 and was pretty eager to help.
Once the top was off and the gears were exposed it went as planned, I did find that holding the shaft helped a little with the disassembly process when removing the gear. I did not see any visible damage to the parts however I changed them anyhow. After I located the X on the main drive gear I chose the correct plate furnished in the kit, used the large pawl stud and assembled the neutral pak.
After a little bit of trial and error I was able to get the gear back as it was. I then installed it along with new agitator dogs, and I put in a new coupler for the heck of it, put the motor, pump, and cabinet back on and... Voila! Success! It worked, no strange noises, no unusual pauses, just a washer that worked as it did before! OH HAPPY DAY!!!! Even though I have already replaced the machine it gives me joy to have repaired the old one.
Thanks for all of the help AJ!