Author Topic: EQUATOR EZ3612CEE malfunctioning - wash timer is rotating endless  (Read 4812 times)

Offline mpchbg

• VIP Member
Hi everybody,

First of all I am sorry if I am not on the right board, but I couldn't find how to get to "Other Brand" board.

I have an Equator Washer Drier EZ3612CEE. The machine broke down. When I start it some water gets in, but the motor does not rotate. After about 1 minute wash timer start to rotate endless (clicking) and water pump start pumping the water out.  In the same time the start lamp flashes 2 times and after that 10 sec. is of. And that repeats every 10 seconds on and on until I switch off the machine. After the water is pumped out, the dryer vent motor rotates for another minute and then the machine stops.

Any idea what that can be and how can be fixed?

Offline Al Capone

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • ApplianceJunk.com
Re: EQUATOR EZ3612CEE malfunctioning - wash timer is rotating endless
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 09:16:50 PM »
Hi

First of all I am sorry if I am not on the right board, but I couldn't find how to get to "Other Brand" board.

Nothing to be sorry about there as I could see were there maybe a question about what board to post your question in.

We have now changed the "General" board to "General Discussion" and included the description, "Including other brands not listed below."

Now we just need to wait for a real appliance technician to come along and answer your questions. :)

RepairClinic.com - Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy!

AppliancePartsPros.com - Over 1 Million Appliance Parts In-Stock. 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy!

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 09:27:12 PM »
Maybe the belt broke.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline mpchbg

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 09:40:26 PM »
I checked the belt already - it is OK.
Actually I opened the machine and made a visual check. Everythink seems OK. No broken parts, no disconnected cables nothing burned.
I have no idea what can be....

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 10:23:54 PM »
Could be the door safety switch.
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline mpchbg

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 10:47:29 PM »
Could be. I think that I check it but how knows. It seems to me that it is working. It is an electronic lock. It opens the door in about 1 min after the machine is done. And when the door is not closed, the machine usually does not working at all. And now the water valve gets open (water comes in) and the water pump is working also.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 08:59:29 AM »
It might have one of them safety locking mechanisms like on a westinghouse. Then again might have one of them dang wax motors.Most of then fancy things come from Italy. I bet that thing weights 500 pounds. My boss's uncle bought a simular one. He ended up having to brace the floor that thing shook the whole house.
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline mpchbg

• VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 11:22:09 PM »
I was able to fix the motor (it was a lose connection to the condenser). But now the machine is not heating water. It is heating the air when is on dryer regime, but by the process of washing, hot water gets in and the temperature stays the same.
Does anybody know how this machines heat the water, because I opened the unit and there is no water heater? I assume the air heater has been used to heat the water also.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 12:21:32 AM »
does it have hot and cold water connections?
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline mpchbg

• VIP Member
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 12:45:49 AM »
Yes, it does. But hot water is coming in certain temperature, and after taht it should get heated more up to the set temperature. So far I was able to determine only one heater - air heater for the dryer. I think the same heater is used to heat the water through the air inside of the drum. I don't know if I am right. Somewhere I read that those units have no water heater.

Parts needed: EQUATOR EZ3612CEE

Started by goodoldproperties

Replies: 3
Views: 945
Last post February 26, 2014, 05:42:24 AM
by Spannerwrench
How do I access Kenmore Washer Timer. 11023034100?

Started by wsommariva

Replies: 7
Views: 13098
Last post September 02, 2007, 04:58:36 PM
by AJ
Whirlpool makes noise at end of wash cycle

Started by brfiel

Replies: 6
Views: 3358
Last post September 22, 2007, 01:01:53 PM
by AJ
maytag washer- timer problem?

Started by inot66

Replies: 6
Views: 5470
Last post January 10, 2008, 08:47:16 PM
by inot66
Video: How to remove whirlpool washer timer.

Started by AJ

Replies: 1
Views: 4355
Last post April 26, 2009, 07:41:04 PM
by ShawnTRD
lint on clothes at end of wash. kenmore washer top load

Started by KMZK

Replies: 3
Views: 3656
Last post March 11, 2008, 10:59:49 PM
by BrntToast